PDA

View Full Version : Said goodbye to my A4 last night..........

nickynibbles
09-04-2008, 12:15 PM
My beloved A4 went off to its new home last night, was a sad occasion actually but just had to concentrate on the positives! Now starts the hunt for the Smart Roadster im replacing it with, its proving as hard to find one with the right spec as it was when I was looking for the A4! Will have to put up with a Mk3 Astra 1.6 16v until I find one though so hopefully wont take long!!

Thanks to all that have helped in my time on here, will poke my nose in from time to time still to throw my 2p worth, learnt a lot whilst here so only fair to give back!!

bora(ing) nick
09-04-2008, 12:27 PM
# and so, the end is near, it's time to face, the final curtain......

It's been emotional

:beerchug:

Nick

k9max
09-04-2008, 06:57 PM
.........come back soon ;)

SHAZA4
09-04-2008, 09:52 PM
will be sad to see you go mate,youwas very helpful with the problems i had.

anyway hope you will be back.

paul b
09-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Bye. It's the end of an era. I suspect nickynibbles may one day return... he's too passionate about his A4. :D

Paul

nickynibbles
10-04-2008, 09:33 AM
I'll be back indeed as a 4-rings owner at some point. A multitude of things such as planning to get married & have kids just made me think about spending a year or 2 running a very cheap car before coming back. If I time it right the B7 RS4's will of dropped sufficiently cheap enough by then to buy and i'll be all smiles again!!! No fear though, i'll still be dropping by to keep an eye on whats going on here! I've got a licensed copy of vagcom after all so might still be of use to someone on here!!

jonbaker
10-04-2008, 02:32 PM
I'll be back indeed as a 4-rings owner at some point. A multitude of things such as planning to get married & have kids just made me think about spending a year or 2 running a very cheap car before coming back. If I time it right the B7 RS4's will of dropped sufficiently cheap enough by then to buy and i'll be all smiles again!!! No fear though, i'll still be dropping by to keep an eye on whats going on here! I've got a licensed copy of vagcom after all so might still be of use to someone on here!!

Out of interest, did you get what you wanted for it? i know you had some trouble deciding on price. No worries if you'd rather not say. Still cant believe you let that 1 go, she was tops:( and for a smart roadster, i hate them things, just my opinion:D Good luck to you mate with the married and kids thing, been there and just had our second, difference was i got an Audi because of the kids, Puma was too small :D

Thanks for your advice in the past

nickynibbles
10-04-2008, 03:06 PM
I ended up advertising for £11,500 & accepted £10,750, you always think it could be worth more but took the decision that to replace the other halfs car and get myself a smart roadster I only needed £10,500 so happy enough with the price. I could of been waiting about for a while looking for someone else to buy who would offer nearer the asking price after all.

If you dont like the roadster just go & drive one for a laugh, I was dubious at 1st but having looked at 2 they are hilarious to drive and really very comfy & well spec'd. For the same money i'd be looking at a Fiesta/Corsa run about which would be enough reason for me to buy the Audi back in a flash!!!

RickT
12-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Good look with the new motor mate..

A frined of mine was looking for one of them Roadster's,

Im sure you will still call in... its not good byes... .. just post in the CHAT section.. :biglaugh:

Enjoy! :beerchug:

Rick