PDA

View Full Version : Connecting BlackBerry to Passat integrated Bluetooth carkit

Mark in Holland
09-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Does anybody know how to connect a BlackBerry to the VW bluetooth carkit?

I understand there are no snap-in cradles for BlackBerry phones, so I bought the "Universal Pairing Adapter" (VW part number 3C0.051.435.PA - see page 4 of PDF file on following website:
http://www.volkswagen-zubehoer.de/fileadmin/pdf/adapter/3C0_035_729_G%20%20V002_doc.pdf

.... which is supposed to allow phones which don't have the Bluetooth rSAP (Remote SIM Access Profile) to connect instead using the regular Bluetooth Hands Free Profile. However, this Universal Pairing Adapter is useless. Half of the time it doesn't connect, and even when it does connect, it drops the Bluetooth signal after a short time.

I used to have an after-market Parrot bluetooth handsfree kit, and it worked flawlessly. In comparison, this VW bluetooth carkit is useless. I'm seriously thinking of just abandoning the VW carkit and installing another Parrot bluetooth carkit.

Does anybody know how to get a BlackBerry to communicate properly with the VW bluetooth carkit, either with or without the "Universal Pairing Adapter"?

crox
15-04-2008, 08:50 PM
the premium car kit is basically a nokia kit, so most nokia's will work brillantly, 6300 for example.

I can't comment on blackberry, but is of interest, as my HTC TyTN II works, just, no contacts, but it makes and receives calls on the kit, but the 6300 was bought so that it would work properly.

Some blackberrys do have rSAP though?

Mark in Holland
17-04-2008, 08:56 AM
the premium car kit is basically a nokia kit, so most nokia's will work brillantly, 6300 for example.

I can't comment on blackberry, but is of interest, as my HTC TyTN II works, just, no contacts, but it makes and receives calls on the kit, but the 6300 was bought so that it would work properly.

Some blackberrys do have rSAP though?

Crox,

How did you set up the connection between your HTC TyTN II and the Passat bluetooth kit? Are you using the "Universal Pairing Adapter"? From what I could see, it looks like the only way to configure the initial Bluetooth connection is by pressing the two buttons on the cradle (or Universal Pairing Adapter) when you start up the engine.

In the latest Passat brochure, it shows a pop-up keypad for the Premium Bluetooth kit, located in the area of the small storage trays above the sat nav screen. However, my car doesn't have this ; it just has the circular support piece attached to the dashboard, where I can snap on either a phone-specific adapter or the Universal Pairing Adapter. Do I need the pop-out keypad in order for this to work properly?

Regards,
Mark

crox
17-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Hi Mark,

I have the keypad ... so maybe they are slightly different systems. The strange thing is that I did a hard reset on my TyTN II and now I can't get it to connect ... frustrating.