PDA

View Full Version : Drivers side rear door locked

Fettler
08-04-2008, 10:58 PM
I have a problem, my drivers side rear door has developed a fault !!
Its locked shut if you press the remote release the locking button jumps about 1-2mm but fails to unlock.
If you try from inside using the door release the locking plunger comes up but the door wont open, Even if you have the window down and try the ext handle.(as soon as you release the int handle the plunger shoots down into the locked position):zx11:

This is a real pain as you cant get to the mechanism without removing the door panel, and the screws are only accessed when the doors open.

Any ideas would be very welcolme.:zx11::zx11:

Tinyizback
10-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Fettler, by any chance did you sort this already?

Our A6 has developed a similar fault, but I will start a separate thread with the details rather than steal yours...

Steve Murray
11-04-2008, 10:18 PM
I had a similar problem with my 2005 A6. Rear drivers side door would lock and could not be unlocked with the remote key. I found that if I put the key into the ignition and turned to on (not start), then removed the key again, the rear door worked fine.

Fettler
12-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks for replies,
Last night at Tesco I noticed that the door had unlocked so raced home removed door panel and drowned all components in WD40 :D
I have not replaced the screws at this stage just in case it happens again I should be able to lift off the panel with door closed.(maybe)?
Lets hope that its cured.
And good luck to others with the same problem