PDA

View Full Version : Lambda Sensor (Bank1)

bbability
08-04-2008, 09:08 PM
It seems the Lambda Sensor has gone in my wife's Audi A4 1.6 petrol. I got the replacment part today and decided to have a go at replacing it myself. I have Vag Com and diagnosed the problem myself. The problem now is I can't get a turn with a wrench to remove the sensor.
Do I need to get a special tool to remove it or is there something I must remove to get at it properly. Its 22mm in diameter.

Thanks in advance...

a8 tech
08-04-2008, 09:12 PM
There a richard hunt without the correct vas socket.Cut the wiring off as close to the lambda as possible and use a deap 22mm socket or cut your spanner down and get some pipe you can bend to fit around the back of the head to remove2268

bbability
09-04-2008, 10:55 PM
There a richard hunt without the correct vas socket.Cut the wiring off as close to the lambda as possible and use a deap 22mm socket or cut your spanner down and get some pipe you can bend to fit around the back of the head to remove2268

Managed to change it today. It was the sensor on the manifold that required changing. Pulled out the Air filter casing and was ablr to get at it much easier. Job done. Hope it does the job and its not the cat that's the underlying problem.