PDA

View Full Version : any ideas?

jdhartman24
08-04-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm having problems with my turbo. I have a 99 Passat 1.8t w'110K miles. Usually the car runs 8psi boost. Recently the car has started to run at only 5psi. There is no warning before it happens and it sometimes does it for a few seconds, or a few hours, but it goes back to normal evuentally. I have unplugged the MAF and drove it, the problem remains. Is it a possible vacum line leak somewhere? any ideas?

STEWY L
08-04-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm having problems with my turbo. I have a 99 Passat 1.8t w'110K miles. Usually the car runs 8psi boost. Recently the car has started to run at only 5psi. There is no warning before it happens and it sometimes does it for a few seconds, or a few hours, but it goes back to normal evuentally. I have unplugged the MAF and drove it, the problem remains. Is it a possible vacum line leak somewhere? any ideas?
would think more along the lines of whichever valve controls the vane movement,if it has variable vanes, rather than a leaking pipe, simply because if a pipe leaks,it leaks,end of story.it doesn't sometimes leak and then not at other times.
someone will be along to tell you where to look very soon,i'm sure.