PDA

View Full Version : CD/Bose playing problem

gogetter
08-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Ive just bought an audi A3 1.8T, it has a bose sound system in it which plays the radio fine at all sound volumes and bass settings but as soon as i play a cd the slightest bit of Bass makes the music skip then stop for a few secs, almost as if the cd is scratched, then it plays until the same happens again like 5 sec later. I have tried putting the bass down to -5 which enables me to turn it up louder but again as soon as a slight bit of bass comes on the system like trips again. Any ideas as to why it does this?, yet the radio will play fine.

Thanks

shoaybmakda
08-05-2008, 12:08 AM
i have this exact same problem on my 2000 W a3 quattro. i took it to the local car audio shop who advised me its because the cd changer is sat right on top of the bose sub hence the skipping..but i thought this would be fine as thats where audi designed it to be???!:zx11:

i have changed the cd changer and i still have the same problem..any one have any ideas on this??

many thanks!

shoaybmakda
10-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Bump - nyone have any information on this?as im getting really frustrated with my stereo and feel like ripping it out!!!

oak16vboy
05-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi Not sure if yo uguys are still expericening this problem.

I just bought an S3 with exactly the same problem, but my CD changer had a piece of cardboard stuck between the changer and the cage as it wasnt secured properly.

I took it to a car audio shop and they said about the cars suspension, i thought thats stupid as the car is completley standard, anyway they said they could send it off to be looked at as the laser may be lose, or they gave me the option of a new changer (alpine).

I didnt make a choice there as i wanted to take the unit out and see if, as everyone says being on top of the sub all the vibration making it skip. i laid it on the floor of the boot and it was working fine up to ear piercing volume.

I thought that the changer was resting right on top of the sub.

Answer was to put a think piece of foam between the changer and the sub, problem solved!!!