PDA

View Full Version : 1.8T A4 S Line order

mkc
08-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi, first post....hello.
Im in the process of ordering through work a 1.8T 160 Bhp S Line. Ive got a test drive in a SE version next week, only to ensure it fits various child seats/push chairs etc. Im sure it will, just so her in doors is pleased.
Anyway,
I plan on adding 19inch wheels and a Metallic paint.
The dealer I was speaking to said that the 19inch wheels were not available. How can this be, how can they print brochures and then not offer the kit?
Also rear parking sensors will not be available.
anybody have any clues as to why/when this will be available?

Does anybody have a S Line that can post some pictures as Ive not seen one in the flesh yet.

Thinking of red or a grey S Line.

HODG
08-04-2008, 11:40 AM
mate you can order the 19's
i ordered mine last week with them on no problems. the parking sensor issue has been going on for ages - they knocked me £350 off for not being able to have it , you dont need parking sensors do you ??? unless you've had them before and rely on them or cant remember how long your car is?

i cant wait to see the first pics of the slines on here, you cant trust the official audi images can you , they probably get tweaked !!

red or grey will both look cool . theres a guy on here who's got a red A4 already called Satch i think , have a look at his its really nice !! :alcoholic

mkc
08-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Ill have a look around the forum. Thanks
You are right, I dont need parking sensors, never had them before. Im so desperate to put my order in but dare not until Ive had 24 hours in the SE next week. Once thats done Ill pop by the dealer and look at some colours.

I like white but would prefer something that shines a bit more when Ive waxed her! There are some S Line only colours but again, not seen them in the flesh.

Im keeping the car as it is, other than maybe change the wheels for £650 and add Metallic paint at £550.

I dont want delivery until August/September sometime, if I order end of April start of May, that should give them long enough surely!

HODG
08-04-2008, 12:19 PM
mate the sline delivery dates are a joke !! they wont give you a definate time it will come thru when you order but if you order in a weeks time i'm sure they will be able to get it sorted for august .......surely !!

when i ordered mine last week they told me it would be june when it came here so that should give you an idea (but its not confirmed yet !)

i nearly went for the white aswell, there was an R8 in white in the showroom that looked the dogs danglies but that car would look good in any colour wouldnt it , it is really decieving in the showroom aswell - my dad has got an A4 Avant sline in Quartz Grey and i dont think it looks that special but they had an A5 in the same colour in the showroom and the colour looked amazing , its the lights they use !!

i test drove the 1.8t se and it was nice to drive , alot bigger than what you think too !!

mkc
08-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Did you select the option to have the S Line lowered an extra 10mm? In the brochure I have it mentions that the S Line is 20mm lower than the SE/Standard spec but you can have an additionl 10mm knocked off for "Free" in lieu of Sports suspension.

I think 19inch wheels and lowered 30mm would look nice but would be interesting to hear about how it would ride.

I think ill go for the 30mm lower anyway if its free even if they take away sports suspension. Its not as if Im taking a 1.8 around Silverstone is it

HODG
08-04-2008, 03:50 PM
no mate apparantly that doesnt read right in the brochure, the sport is 20mm lower than the standard and then the sline is another 10mm lower than the sport ! so the sline is always 30mm lower than the standard , i was quite specific about it when i asked cos i want it low and will probably lower it even further myself, i've got a 2007 A3 sline now and i put 19's on it then lowered it a further 20mm (already including the 30mm sline lowering) and it sits so nice on the wheels, the tyres are level with the arch, i had to put bump stops on it to stop it rubbing but i kept the audi shocks and just got Eibach springs - the ride is not to harsh at all , it sounds like it would be but i've even let my mum had a go in it (and she is a fussy get who drives an 3.2 A4 cab!!) and she said it was nice and comfy !! she did demolish one of my alloys tho !!!! :zx11:

mkc
08-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Why do I get the feeling that Audi were not ready to launch the S Line?

Low on stock for the parking senors?
No S Line in the Dealer that I can actually see
A couple of "stock" photos of a white and red S Line only
Brochure now appears to be incorrect regarding the ride height
No colours samples for some colours in the brochure
I have to wait over a week for a 24 hour test drive in a SE when I want to spend more on a S Line........

Its nuts

Julian.P
08-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Hi, first post....hello.
Im in the process of ordering through work a 1.8T 160 Bhp S Line. Ive got a test drive in a SE version next week, only to ensure it fits various child seats/push chairs etc. Im sure it will, just so her in doors is pleased.
Anyway,
I plan on adding 19inch wheels and a Metallic paint.
The dealer I was speaking to said that the 19inch wheels were not available. How can this be, how can they print brochures and then not offer the kit?
Also rear parking sensors will not be available.
anybody have any clues as to why/when this will be available?

Does anybody have a S Line that can post some pictures as Ive not seen one in the flesh yet.

Thinking of red or a grey S Line.
Hi mkc,

I have ordered an A4 S Line with 19” 7 double spoke RS4 wheels. Your dealer is wrong regarding the 19" wheels. There was a supply issue but that has now been resolved, if you are going to order the 19" wheels you may want to consider servotronic steering as the steering will feel heavy with the wider 255 tyres fitted to the 19” wheels.
As for pictures do a google search for “New Audi A 4 S Line” click on images top left of page. These pictures finally convinced me to order white with the 19” wheels.
Good Luck with your test drive.

Cheers, J

HODG
08-04-2008, 04:10 PM
ha ha it is a bit mental isnt it !

i must say tho everything was pretty smooth for me , i went in the showroom spec'd up the car i wanted , they had an se i drove immidiately ( not the same as an sline i know but the same engine) , they just gave me the car to drive on my own too which was well impressive cos i gave it a good hammering without having the salesman breathing down my neck, i ordered there and then and i am just waiting to find out when its coming now......the only complaint i had was that i wanted the car in Monza Silver but was told i'd had to wait til june to order, balls to that just ordered another colour and it was done . i got 9 % knocked off the price cos it was my 4th car off them too , i presume that happens alot tho. ....just waiting for my car now !