PDA

View Full Version : Caddy Roof Bars 2004 on

passat1.8T
07-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi, Forgive the username but ive now got a 2006 Caddy TDI
Im after some help off fellow caddy owners with roof bars.
i got a set off ebay but there is no M8 mounting bolts in the kit as there should be.
I know there M8 but i need to know the lenght of them, Could one of you kind folks take one of your bolts out and mesure it for me ? VW have been no help at all and just want to sell me another set yet never have them in stock.:zx11:

Also, only had the van a week and having problems with all courtessy lights keep coming on every time i pull away or go over a bump! Its under warranty at the moment but certainly a strange problem, My mate also has faults with his 2004 caddy with hazards with a mind of their own!

Is this the start of things to come with Elecrical faults ?

BigDoc
26-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Hi there buddy, I just got my hands on a 2007 caddy and had the same problem with the light comin on, I just stuffed a little bit about 20mm of flex cable into the side door switch and problem solved. it's the "doughnut" type switch which receives the "conical" part on the door, The lower one is the one you want.

As to the roof bars bolts, Just put the bar on the roof and drop a long nail into the hole, When it's in, mark it, take it out and measure it, that'll give you the length of bolt you need, just take off 5 or 10 mm to be safe.

As you can tell I've Home-brewed quite a bit :D