PDA

View Full Version : Electrical gremlins

brighton123
07-04-2008, 04:12 PM
on my 1995 A6 2.5 TDI the odometer and clock work intermittantly sometimes on, sometimes off and sometimes half on. Is this a known issue? Do you think I am looking at a new instrument cluster? also on the cluster the top brake warning light flashes all the time, can anyone tell me what this is supposed to mean ie brake fluid low or whatever, could also be a wiring fault of course, hope you are able to give me some pointers, neeed to sort out becaudse following the repairs I have just done I intend on keeping the car for a while, many thanks

audinut
09-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Any chance you can download the fault codes from the diagnostic socket ? Would need a 15 quid cable from ebay and the shareware version of VAGCOM, or a helpful forum member who lives close. To that end, where in the world are you (if the sig doesn't give it away) ?

brighton123
09-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Any chance you can download the fault codes from the diagnostic socket ? Would need a 15 quid cable from ebay and the shareware version of VAGCOM, or a helpful forum member who lives close. To that end, where in the world are you (if the sig doesn't give it away) ?

Cheers audinut, After reading many of these posts I think the £15 cable is definately an essential tool for this car I shall buy one do the test and come back, and yes the sig does give my location away lol:beerchug: ps any tips of ebay sellers who you know sell the good cables ie the ones that are known to work ?

audinut
09-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Ebay search for "USB Diagnostic vag-com OBD-2 Interface VW,AUDI vagcom" from seller szhid works for my 52 plate A6 2.5TDI. Check VAG-COM's website to make sure your ODB2 socket (probably is same).

audinut
09-04-2008, 11:06 PM
sorry - just read yours is a '95 model. Don't know which connector that one is but I think they are listed on VAG-COM's site along with the socket locations so you can get a look at it and decide.