PDA

View Full Version : car vibrates!!help

wax
08-12-2006, 12:44 AM
hello all!
a4 n reg wen driving down motorway today at 80 (as u do) all the car started to vibrate wel thats wat the passengers told me at the bak(passengers meaning family members) but i didnt really notice it (maybe m use to it thats y i didnt notice it) but now its starting to worry me... could it be the wheels need balancing?? steering wheel didnt really vibrate though all seemed normal but help me anyways plz

MalcQV
08-12-2006, 08:48 AM
I would start by getting your rear wheels balanced. That is the easiest and cheapest.

wax
08-12-2006, 05:37 PM
balanced back tyres and front no luck still vibrating.... :zx11: anyone else with any ideas....
actually i was thinking of chaning the back wheels and putting different ones on ... would that help?

adamss24
08-12-2006, 05:50 PM
I would check the rear axle bushes and the rear wheel bearings. Also while you have the wheels off, check the brake pads and the brake discs !

wax
08-12-2006, 07:52 PM
when i went to get the the wheels balanced the guy there said that i had a space between the wheel and the bak and that i need spacer between them... could that be the problem!! just had mot done and everything was A ok. but will chek them myself. thanx

MalcQV
09-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Make sure the tyres are OK, no damage to sidewall etc.

As mentioned check wheel bearings.

You have not kerbed the car recently or taken a large pot hole?