PDA

View Full Version : interior, exterior & wheel protection

HODG
07-04-2008, 11:04 AM
hi guys

just had a letter thru the post from audi thanking me for choosing a new A4 ( a ten grand discount would of been evrn better , but a nice gesture i suppose) ......

...they go on to mention an interior, exterior & wheel protection treatment for £349 which they say will ensure that you wont have to polish the car for 3 years, stop all stains (got full leather so dont know if this is worth it) and they put a hydrophobic non-stick barrier on the alloys which repels dirt from sticking to the wheels

Has anyone got this and is it worth it?? if its good i'm tempted but is it just another way of squeezing more dosh out of my pocket for somethin that is not worth it??

cheers :drive:

digigriffin
07-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Is this the Auto Glym LifeShine that my local dealer mentioned to me for £199+vat?

kkwan18
07-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Thats what i had too from the Dealer, they say it protect the alloys too... i give it a wash tomorrow see if easier to clean of the brake dust... i will let you know.

HODG
07-04-2008, 05:03 PM
nice one mate

Foringo
07-04-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm having the Inchcape Retail Vehicle Protection Programme which includes high gloss paint sealant & upholstery protection (fabric, leather, carpets etc.) which I assume is similar to Scotchguard + complimentary care and maintenance case.

All comes with a 3 year warranty that includes if needed....a home visit to remove stains!

I believe that this is may be the system approved by Audi?

Cost is £399.00 including VAT

I had my new X-Trail done back in 2004 with Diamondbrite and this really did give it better shine than just a polish and it repealed water for a very long time...so hopefully this will be as effective.

I probably would not have bothered this time though as I enjoy polishing my cars but I got it thrown in as part of the deal.;)

digigriffin
07-04-2008, 05:32 PM
So £233 inc vat for the AutoGlym LifeShine or £399 for the other treatment?

I have asked around and several people that I know have had the Auto Glym treatment and give it two thumbs up.

However there is no mention of wheels in the LifeShine brochure.

http://www.autoglym.co.uk/enGB/Lifeshine.asp

Malcolm44
07-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Dont want to burst anyones bubble but......
Take a look over the detailing section or have a look at www.detailingworld.co.uk (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk) . you may change your mind about this, but its up to you. I know I wont be paying for this

cheers

moptisam2
16-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Disclaimer up front: I used to work for the company that makes it - but I wouldn't say any product is good if it wasn't.

When I got my new A4 3 years ago I used some Croftgate http://www.croftgate.com/ stuff to seal the paintwork and protect it. 3 years later and the muck just still falls off easily (with water etc). The makers have one specific product Amazing Glaze that is even approved by Boeing, who use about 5 litres of it to coat a 747. I kid you not!!!

I've just ordered a new A4, this time with leather seats, so I'll be trying their products for leather too.