PDA

View Full Version : VW GOLF GT TDI (130 BHP) 2002

arena432
16-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Just purchased the above beauty, it goes like a dream , in silver 56k miles by 1 company owner.

The garage concerned gave me a good price for my 2000 yr Focus TD DI also a beauty but not a patch on the Golf doesn't come anywhere near in fact.

Would just like to add that i am a bit of a cheeky sod and insisted that the next service is carried out now, and the cam belt / toothed belts are replaced when the car is in 4 a full service (of course was the reply i got)

I couldn't believe it and the hands of me and the proprietor became fixed as i shook in sheer delight (oh and also stated that if he allowed me another £100 off besides as long as the work i wanted carrying out was completed, then i would gladly buy.

I collect the car on friday/saturday this week and can't wait.

I would just wish i had the sense to go VW a long time ago, and will someone please clarify that the toothed belts/cam belt need replacing at this time.

I stumbled along this message that directed me to this site, can i also clarify that i am happy to be here and a big hello to all you peeps.

Regards Ian. :biglaugh:

stuart
16-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Hi Ian

Thanks for joining and using the site.

I am sure you will be very happy with the car, the TDi is an excellent and reliable engine if looked after, and can easily cover milage into the 200K plus without major repairs, if looked after. I do know of a Transporter minibus/taxi, that was well looked after, and covered in excess of 400K miles without major faults.

As for the timing belts, I will find out on Thursday from a technicion pal what the interval is, but I am sure it is a lot higher that the milage the car has covered. I will let you know tommorow. But, for your own peace of mind, I would have it done, if the garage offer to do it.

Thanks again

Stuart

stuart
17-02-2005, 10:30 AM
Hi

Timing belts change intervals vary on Golf TDi's depending on the engine number/engine code.

Depending on the above code, they range from every 40K miles upto 60K miles.

If you PM or email me your car details, I can find out for you.

Stuart

arena432
17-02-2005, 06:43 PM
The service booklets i have read on many golfs i have viewed ranging around the 51 / o2 yr plate from 115 / 130 BHP are all changed at the 60k service.
Thanks for the reply's stuart.
Regards Ian. :beerchug:

stuart
18-02-2005, 09:05 AM
I have a funny feeling VAG have reduced the intervals on the Diesel engines, I am sure they used to be a LOT higher than that.

I know on the VAG 1.8 T engines, AUQ engines they recommend CHECK at 60K, then every 20K there on....CHANGE AT 120K!!!!!!!

When you concider the cost of changing a belt, and what could happen if it fails, I belive in "sooner" rather than "later".

Stuart