PDA

View Full Version : door locks, obd2 and other random questions!

wackyracer
06-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Ok im new to Vw golfs so forgive the list of questions. ( i have a Golf mk4 GT TDI 130 Y reg / march 2001

1, Gone through loads of threads on door lock problems but still not sure i have the answer.... I can unlock my car doors with the remote but they wont lock with it. They do work from the switch inside the car though. So far i have settled on a broken wire between the door and car body. Am i right? any other ideas?

2, Where is the OBD diagnostic socket. checked a few web sites etc but no one actually says where it is!

3, Don't have a manual so how often do you service them and which types of service when e.g full, oil and filter only etc.

4, My steering wheel isnt straight, although the wheels are aligned ok. How do you remove the steering wheel to re seat it level?

5, Where's the chocolate? Oops sorry wrong forum!

Thanks guys

Shleng
07-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Hi, The diagnostic socket on my Golf is beneath the air con unit on the centre console hidden behind a piece of trim (1" x 6").

wackyracer
07-04-2008, 06:43 PM
thanks for that i have now found it!

Bit extra to add to the door lock problem. I have noticed that the warning light at the bottom of my drivers door stays on all the time and the interior lights arent working when you open the car door.... I'm sure this is all connected!

wackyracer
08-04-2008, 08:48 PM
anyone have any other answers....? please!