PDA

View Full Version : A4 (2008) Se and Ipods

lamptramp
06-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you guys can help?

I'm about to order a new Audi A4 (2008) 2.0 TDI SE and am being told different things by different dealers.

The Question....
I want to attach my ipod to the standard radio that comes with the car. At present the one dealer is saying that to do this I need to buy the £2300 sat nav radio option (Not going to happen!). Apparently this is because the radio is a new version of the Concert & MMI has been updated / works differently to the last model. The other dealer I have spoken to umms and arhhs and says he can sort something out......!

In the mean time I have been on the Internet and seen the Dension Gateway interfaces and a DICE units that are available.

Do you know if these will work with the Concert Radio?

Many thanks

Tim
P.S I was told to expect delivery in early June of I order this week. Still no blasted factory parking sensors though!

Robertarwel
08-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Hi
I can give you a bit of advise regarding parking sensors - beware!:mad:. I have just part ex'ed my A4 1.8T (2005) for the new A4 2.0 SE TDI. The parking sensors on the old A4 were fantastic,now I can hardly hear the the bleeps on the new A4. Took the car back to the dealer who unfortunately told me that the volume of the bleeps could not be adjusted. I have no problem with my hearing and can just about hear the bleeps. If there are other outside noises i.e a child in the back, reversing on gravel, radio/cd on low volume, other traffic noise, passengers nattering then the bleeps become impossible to hear!
I have also contacted Audi Customer Service via e-mail and phone since 31/03 -still waiting for their response.
My advice - try the parking sensors before you buy, otherwise I am delighted with the new car

Cheers
Robertarwel

kkwan18
08-04-2008, 10:01 PM
when u put in reverse gear, do the screen on the MMI display the proximity graphic with the beeping sound?

mistryman
08-04-2008, 10:18 PM
you can change the volume of the parking sensors using the car setup function of the MMI, not only can you change the volume you can change the frequency of the bleep as well, the guys at audi need their heads checking

Vinnyg
09-04-2008, 08:30 AM
I've got the advanced system (front and rear with graphic) and as Mysteryman says you can control both the volume and the tone of the bleep from the MMI. When it's loud, it's very loud. It also reduces the volume of the stereo when the sensors are on so that you can hear better. I assume it is the same for the rear sensors only???

Robertarwel
09-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Hi
Thanks for the replys, but unfortunately I have only the parking aid system and volume control is not available. Audi have eventually replied and suggest that the garage removes the bleeper from the rear speaker to the front speaker and hope for the best. I presume that the moral of the story is to opt for the parking plus system (which has the volume control).

I will keep you posed with the results

thanks

Robertarwel

Satch
09-04-2008, 10:47 PM
I have the bog standard rear parking sensors and you CAN change the volume thru the MMI thingy. I did it today.

Robertarwel
10-04-2008, 06:47 PM
I have the bog standard rear parking sensors and you CAN change the volume thru the MMI thingy. I did it today.

Can I ask how?

Thanks
Robertarwel