PDA

View Full Version : 04 Audi A3 2.0 FSI, Turbo advice

Makivelli
06-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Hi Guys,

Been having a look around but cant really find anything that fits the bill.

I am looking for a full turbo kit to upgrade my 2.0 fsi to a 2.0T FSI

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Crasher
06-04-2008, 03:42 PM
hello and welcome. Sorry to be neagative about your first post never build a car you can buy. Converting your car to a turbo is an enormous task that means changing just about every single part in the engine bay (including the complete engine, wiring harness, ECU) and that’s before you even get to uprating the running gear to cope with the extra power, something you must do and your insurance company would probably insist on it.

Makivelli
06-04-2008, 07:50 PM
hello and welcome. Sorry to be neagative about your first post never build a car you can buy. Converting your car to a turbo is an enormous task that means changing just about every single part in the engine bay (including the complete engine, wiring harness, ECU) and that’s before you even get to uprating the running gear to cope with the extra power, something you must do and your insurance company would probably insist on it.

Hi crasher,

Thanks for your reply, this is kind of what i feared. I am stuck with a dilemma, the 150hp the a3 is currently kicking out has got boring to me now after a year of driving it, i was considering upgrading tot he 2.0TFSI or the S3, but we are also in the process of trying to buy a house so dont rly have the funds.

I am very happy with my car and having test driven a 2006 TFSI i find the steering and feel of my car is better, it just doesnt have the power.

Are there any other options anyone could recomened to noticably increase the 0-60 power of my little car? it only has 13k miles on it so it still drives like new.

Crasher
06-04-2008, 11:24 PM
The trouble with non turbo modern cars is they are virtually un-tuneable. You may be able to extract a few PS with a re-map, exhaust and free flow air filter but £ per PS it is poor value.