PDA

View Full Version : Clutch pedal switch -F36, Implausible signal

AntJ
06-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Hi, I have this (and only this) fault on my V5 passat(170).

Would this have any effect on a car that doesnt have Cruise control?

I have a strange misfire/hesitation/shunt around 2-3k rpm that I am trying to work out.

Have tried coil on plug, MAF.

novadan
06-04-2008, 08:04 PM
I had this problem on my A4, started off with the clutch swith then I had the shunt which caused the EPC light to come on. I ran the Vag com which said i needed a new engine sensor. Got this replaced (only £35 for the part but supposed to be a really fiddly job) and they found a split vacuum hose, the garage said this could have been the cause of all the problems all along- since having it sorted no problems at all and it runs a dream.

Crasher
06-04-2008, 11:00 PM
Even without cruise, it needs the clutch pedal switch input. The one on our Golf V6 4M failed and caused driveline shunt when changing gear.

AntJ
07-04-2008, 02:00 AM
Even without cruise, it needs the clutch pedal switch input. The one on our Golf V6 4M failed and caused driveline shunt when changing gear.

Well, it seems alot better now.
The car has full VW SH , it had a new MAF last june ,but also had a new brake master cylinder and servo last month (VW fitted), so they must have been working around the pedal box.

Because, tonight I checked the switch and.............................................

it was unplugged !!!!!!!!

Crasher
07-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Muppets!