PDA

View Full Version : Hello, can you anybody help?

marcus36
06-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi Everybody, just joined the forum.

I have an Audi A4 1.8, that has consistenly "gone wrong" from the day I bought it! I now have a new problem, which I cannot sort out without a little help from somebody. The immobiliser light on the dash panel won't switch itself off, or I should say, the immobiliser won't switch itself off and I have been told that it is the ignition reader coil, I bought one yesterday and I fitted it this morning in what I hope is the right place! Can anybody tell me this: One end of the wire fits into the ignition barrel, I can see that, but Does the other end of the cable fit into a connecter, which then fits into a white plastic box to the right hand side, more or less to the front of the the dash panel? I don't know what that box is called, is that called the reader? Does anybody have a photo of it? The lead hasn't cured the problem, so I reckon that the problem must lie with this box, does anybody have any suggestions?

Nice to meet you all, by the way:beerchug:

What the title should say by the way is "Hello, can anybody help"!!

RickT
28-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Hello and Welcome to the forum!!

Please can you drop the above question into the section for your model of car, You will get more views and an answer from one of our members,

Cheers

Rick