PDA

View Full Version : HELP! car wont start battery draining CCM?

rwswll
06-04-2008, 07:36 AM
Hi,Yesterday i serviced my 1.8t passat estate. All went fine and the car started with now problem. i then re-newed the earth on the CCM as it was corroded. (i didnt disconnect the battery!).

As i try to start the car the battery is flat and only just turns the starter motor. i used a jump started and still no joy. Its as if something is draining the battery and not holding its charge.

like i said twenty minutes before it was fine, the only thing i done was cut the old earth and connected a new cable to it.

PLEASE HELP i dont know what to look for???

snapdragon
06-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Disconnect the battery and leave it to charge on a charger, then reconnect and start.
This should also reset the CCM, if the CCM has a dirty supply, it scrambles, and the programming could have been stuck in an unhandled exception or unimplemented trap. :biglaugh:

rwswll
06-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Disconnect the battery and leave it to charge on a charger, then reconnect and start.
This should also reset the CCM, if the CCM has a dirty supply, it scrambles, and the programming could have been stuck in an unhandled exception or unimplemented trap. :biglaugh:

thanks il try that!so this will just re-set the ccm then?also i re-wired all the cables to the ccm a couple of weeks ago and the remote central locking only opens the boot. will this cure it or do u know of a way to fix this? thanks

rwswll
06-04-2008, 04:21 PM
I tried what snapdragon suggested and its atill the same.

its as iff something is zapping the power straight from the battery.

anyone got any other suggestions??:1zhelp: