PDA

View Full Version : Both front windows power down ign off

Tezza 1234
05-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Hi, New to this Forum- Have 55 reg Golf Mk5 4 door I have had 2 instances of both front window regulators powering down on their own- first time during rain, both windows down same amount about 50 mm from bottom 2nd time today also raining slightly, both windows again same amount about 30mm from top. After first occasion VW dealer had a look at problem but could find nothing wrong and stated it was not a problem with other vehicles. as this is a security issue I was very worried but slowly began to think of it as a one off, until today. This has made me think it may well be an issue they are not letting on. has any one else seen this problem....? Tezza:(

Well I Finally Solved this one myself !! I am now sure It was caused by me accidentally holding the unlock fob button whilst holding other things in my hand and not realising i was pressing the key fob unlock button for a few seconds- there is a feature to open the electric windows by unlocking and holding the key fob for more than 3 seconds -- This i have now found is also on the locking and closing the windows by holding the lock button down -- cool feature pity no one told me about it ....

RickT
28-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Hello and Welcome to the forum!!

Rick