PDA

View Full Version : A6 aircon leak and compressor problem

Tim Hillary
05-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and just registered.

I have an 1996 Audi A6 2.6 V6 litre petrol auto ABC engine which has a leak on the aircon system. I have been twice to the Audi dealer and they can not find any leaks and have re-gassed each time. The last time I visited Audi dealer was this week 2/4/08. The compressor is working but no cooling, so presumably the pressure is high enough at the moment. Before the last visit to Audi the compressor was not engaging due to low gas pressure.

Is it possible that I have two problems now - compressor and a leak? The Audi dealer says that they can not find the problem and there is not anything they can do.

Can any one help me?

Regards

Tim Hillary

djl78
05-04-2008, 09:28 PM
I have a similar problem at the moment.Posted a question yesterday but nobody has replied.Compressor appears to run but no cooling.Going to get system pressure checked this week to aid fault diagnosis.
Just out of interest,can you get both Econ and Auto light to illuminate simultaneously.
cheers

Tim Hillary
05-04-2008, 11:33 PM
I have a similar problem at the moment.Posted a question yesterday but nobody has replied.Compressor appears to run but no cooling.Going to get system pressure checked this week to aid fault diagnosis.
Just out of interest,can you get both Econ and Auto light to illuminate simultaneously.
cheers

Reply:
My vehicle does not have Econ option, howevre, the Auto and snowflake symbol are both on indicating that aircon is functioning (which it isn't!).

solo284
20-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Repeated re-gassing of my aircon failed to keep the aircon at freezing. Volkspares in Sydenham located the problem. The connection in the engine bay had come adrift, possibly after the cambelt change. Everything OK for over a year.

garyd989
17-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Every chance that it is out on high pressure or low pressure switch ,both can be bypassed if you know how ,take the caps off the charging ports and just press a pencil onto the schraeder valves quickly ,a low hiss and your short of refrigerant ,a big whoosh and your ok,me..........id put my gauges on and vac downif your gassed up then look at power to compressor etc