PDA

View Full Version : New A6 SE MP3s?

Charles68
05-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi, new user here.

I have a new A6 2.0 diesel on order and was wondering whether the 6 cd player manages to play mp3 discs, does anybody know? Thanks.

chat
05-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Im sure the audi dealer that you have ordered your ew car from will be delighted to tell you.

dave9_3
05-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi, new user here.

I have a new A6 2.0 diesel on order and was wondering whether the 6 cd player manages to play mp3 discs, does anybody know? Thanks.

I have had no problem putting MP3 format files to CD and playing them though the 6 cd changer, if thats any use to you.

Akash
05-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Charles, my 2007 plate S-line has MP3 capability.
I have 6 MP3 cds inside it as we speak and all of them read fine

Charles68
06-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the responses, looks like the amount of music available to me will be more than adequate without adding an ipod interface.:D

BTW chat, it's a lease car so I didn't deal with a main dealer:approve:

billez
09-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Charles, my 2007 plate S-line has MP3 capability.
I have 6 MP3 cds inside it as we speak and all of them read fine

I had a 2006 S-line with a 6 CD changed and it DID NOT play MP3, I asked if I could get one and was told that they don't make one so am surprised with Akash's reply. I now have a 2006 SE with a single CD and this still doesn't play MP3. The only option I was given by 2 Audi dealers was to add the IPOD connection for more then £500.

I'm now working on streaming music from my phone through a Parrot bluetooth system.

Charles68
14-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Billez, if you manage to crack the phone-bluetooth-parrot interface thing, I would be very interested in finding out how you did it.:beerchug:

billez
14-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Billez, if you manage to crack the phone-bluetooth-parrot interface thing, I would be very interested in finding out how you did it.:beerchug:

There might be a delay. I leant the car to my brother and the stupid electric handbrake didn't engage and the car rolled down a hill!! :(:zx11:

Charles68
14-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Sounds bad - hope you get it back soon in an acceptable condition. :aargh4:

Do those parking brakes often do that type of thing?

Also any idea what type of setting/output your phone has to have to be able to stream music?

billez
14-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Sounds bad - hope you get it back soon in an acceptable condition. :aargh4:

Do those parking brakes often do that type of thing?

Also any idea what type of setting/output your phone has to have to be able to stream music?

There's a delay from when you pull the switch to when the light confirms it so if you are in a hurry you might 'assume' it worked. The stupidest thing is that it doesn't automatically engage when you lock the car!! Me and my brother's first and LAST Audi.

I've got a Nokia N95 for the music. It works with the Parrot but the connector was on back order to get it to go through the MMI - so when it's fixed and back with me I'll find out.

Charles68
14-04-2008, 07:00 PM
The N95 works with the Parrot, is that for normal calls or with the music as well? I've got a Sony Ericsson W810i (Walkman) and I would expect it to work for calls with the Parrot, but wouldn't know how to get it to play the music through it's bluetooth facility. :confused:

Maybe I need to be on a Sony Ericsson forum and not an Audi one to get that question answered?:1zhelp:

billez
14-04-2008, 07:03 PM
The N95 works with the Parrot, is that for normal calls or with the music as well? I've got a Sony Ericsson W810i (Walkman) and I would expect it to work for calls with the Parrot, but wouldn't know how to get it to play the music through it's bluetooth facility. :confused:

Maybe I need to be on a Sony Ericsson forum and not an Audi one to get that question answered?:1zhelp:

I would look in the Parrot guide but it's in the car which is at the dealer in France!! I had to press a few buttons to get it to work but can't remember which!!

Charles68
14-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Ta - I'll look on the Parrot 'site.

billez
18-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Got my Parrot installed finally. Works well but doesn't go through the MMI (just mutes it when the phone plays music).