PDA

View Full Version : Retro-fitting sports suspension?

culky1971
05-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi all, I'd like to investigate fitting the sport suspension package to my 2007 B6 SE Estate - Does anyone know if it's likely to be a simple spring change to achieve the 15mm drop, or is it likely to include different dampers too?

If someone has an idea of what it may cost, that'd be very useful. I'm going to try contacting my local VW dealer but I don't know if they'll be interested in the work..

claranet
06-04-2008, 11:51 PM
I own the Sport 170 Manual Estate. This has the Sports suspension and as you'd expect the ride is a bit on the firm side but the handling is excellent. BUT if you drive around London or any urban area you will scrape the front bumper on virtually every speedbump :aargh4::zx11:unless you REALLY nurse it over them :mad:

I guess the Spring tempering is different or even mounted differently:confused:.

Perhaps the standard set up has a spacer fitted and the sports does not :confused::confused:.

regards
claranet
07 Shadow Blue Sport 2.0L TDi 170 DPF Manual Estate & 03 B5 Reflex Silver S 100 TDi Manual Estate

Crasher
07-04-2008, 10:19 AM
You would need all the components of PR-G08 such as front anti roll bar, front bump stops, front springs, front dampers, rear anti roll bar, rear springs, rear bump stops, rear dampers and rear top mounts.

culky1971
07-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Many thanks Crasher and Claranet - both comments were very useful :beerchug:.

I'm going to try some 17" wheels to replace the 16" ones, mainly for aesthetic reasons and will see how the car looks with them on before deciding whether to get it fitted or not. It's useful to hear Claranet's feedback on living with it in-town.

I've been in contact with my local VW dealer and impressively, they *are* willing to retro-fit the kit. In case it's ever useful to anyone else, the quote was £986.10 which included labour, VAT and a post-fit geometry check.

Crasher
07-04-2008, 01:07 PM
I was going to estimate a grand so that sounds spot on.

PNS2007
07-04-2008, 06:59 PM
I don't know whether this will be of any help but try this forum link:-

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3769276