PDA

View Full Version : Clipped by an old chap !

Brandenburger
05-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Friday afternoon i was on way back to the office passing through a village doing about 25mph ,old chap coming other way in a Nissan parked car on his side ,as we pass he moves into my lane and smack door mirrors he just drove on as if nothing happened ,thankfully the plastic at bottom had just been knocked out easily pushed back in.I do 20000mls a year in my job and a lot of peoples awareness and judgement, not just older folks is shocking, anyway no harm done this time.

A3 2.0tdi s tronic 07.

TheEggShell
07-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Sorry to hear about your wing mirror mate!

A similar thing happened to me but at about 60mph :( I was driving along an open road and a lorry was coming the other way, the car behind the lorry decided to over take just as I was about to drive past the lorry. A fortunate bit of swerving meant we only clipped mirrors but that guy didn't bother stopping either. He obviously felt too embraced that he'd nearly killed us both!

It always amazes me how people seem to think that their car is some kind of indestructable battering ram.

Brandenburger
07-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Sounds like you had a lucky escape there mate,it is scary how bad some people drive,here are somethings to beware of:

drivers wearing a flat cap.
women in huge 4x4s.
cars that appear to have no driver.
people who wear shades when its overcast.

I'm joking but you know what i mean.

Thanks
Brandenburger.

paul b
07-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Sounds like you had a lucky escape there mate,it is scary how bad some people drive,here are somethings to beware of:

drivers wearing a flat cap.
women in huge 4x4s.
cars that appear to have no driver.
people who wear shades when its overcast.

I'm joking but you know what i mean.

Thanks
Brandenburger.

Or my people like my father who virtually cannot see at all, but still drives. How does that work?

Paul

Brandenburger
08-04-2008, 08:28 PM
He doesn't drive a Nissan does he ?

paul b
08-04-2008, 11:07 PM
No, a Renault Clio P reg 1.2 Auto. He loves it, but I've seen underneath it, and it's rotten, but he doesn't believe me.

Paul