PDA

View Full Version : oxygen sensor?

audi-nutz
04-04-2008, 06:21 PM
hi,can anyone help with a problem ive been having for a while?:confused:
my engine management light has been on and switched off for about 4 months with the reading of RICH FUEL MIX every time.the garage i go to has now come up with the oxygen sensor probably needs changing as the readings they took were not what they should be.i have been quoted £240:(just for the part.why so expensive i said?something to do with the amount of pins?is that right?

would appreciate any help:beerchug:

audi a4 2.0l 20v

Crasher
04-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Do you have the fault code number and the engine code?

audi-nutz
04-04-2008, 07:59 PM
hi,the fault code is p1137 or 17545,sporadic mixture adaption(to rich)
not sure of the engine code.

Crasher
04-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Can you PM me the reg number?

audi-nutz
25-04-2008, 05:40 PM
hi crasher,
thanks for the info about the oxygen sensors,went and told the bloke in my garage and he tried to explain about a new 5 pin lead and thats why it costs more?anyway because the engine management light was on again i asked if he could run a check on the sensor and maf,which strangely all came back fine,everyone of them,so now im back to square one again.there are two fault codes which come up all the time-

p1137-bank 1 mixture too rich.
p1539-clutch switch input cicuit f36

they say that even though the clutch fault comes on the clutch itself is fine and doesn't slip although the pedals a little high.
there is also a knocking noise coming from the back of the engine,almost as soon as you turn the engine on,they checked the injectors and said all ok.so now after months the diagnostic bloke says its probably not electrical but mechanical problem.

do you have any ideas what it could be?would appreciate any suggestions.

thanks

bez101
25-04-2008, 05:46 PM
i had the clutch 1 p1539-clutch switch input cicuit f36
turned out to be a switch at top of pedel like the break light 1 easy fitted diy but make sure u align lugs up right 1st time otmyour ****** like the break light switch used to be b4 they made it better

Crasher
25-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Too rich says to me either AMM or Lambda sensor.