PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 - Review and Pictures

Jebu
04-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Chaps and Chapesses, as promised please see link to many pictures and a writeup on my new silver audi a4. Hope its a good read and eye candy.

http://www.thepowerempire.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68%3Anew-audi-a4-2008&catid=40%3Acars&Itemid=1

browellm
04-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Absolutely superb effort :beerchug:

Oh and the standard wheels look great (Is this a first for a German car manufacturer?), glad I stuck with those.

Satch
04-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Health to drive. Mine is still turning heads.

Foringo
04-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Great Effort J

RichardCranium
04-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Looks tremendous!! Nice review too.

Not sure about the wheels though. I'm hoping to change my order to the 6 spoke 17's

Foringo
04-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Great effort Jebu, best pictures I've seen to date.:notworthy

I agree the wheels do look rather smart.

To me the standard running lights look really effective, neat but at the same time discreet. Can't see what all the fuss is about....If they wanted to limit the LED lights to the S-Line (and I wouldn't be too worried about that) why couldn't they make the Xenons available as an option with standard running lights for those who prefer the SE version & are willing to pay for the Xenon option? :confused:......crazy logic I assume that it's only an issue for us in the UK as this is probably a situation created by Audi UK marketing experts.....they would make good candidates for 'The Apprentice' who all appear to be a bunch of :banana::banana::banana:

Jebu
05-04-2008, 01:38 PM
No problems chaps - plenty of interest in the article with over 250 views already!

I also dont know why we cant have teh xenons on the SE. However, it must purely be because they want to justify the 3k price tag and exclusivity of the S-Line. Which to be fair I would have got had I not needed a new car for work and promised them I would have a car in January. Pushing it to April was about best I could do so anything more wouldnt have gone down too well :biglaugh:

Audi Nick
05-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Superb pictures and as I have ordered one in the same colour, it gives me a real flavour for what is in store.

Well done Jebu, I hope you have many many miles of trouble free motoring.

Jebu
05-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Just read your profile about changing from A6 to A4. Thats a wise choice as I think the A6 is one long beast. Its probably ok for someone with 9 kids though.

mluton
06-04-2008, 01:00 AM
Nice read, Beauty of a motor

Audi Nick
06-04-2008, 07:37 AM
Jebu

The A6 is not such a beast, indeed it is a very normal car to drive. I bought it because the A6 is cheaper than an A4 and anyone thinking of buying one will find some great discounts.

However, as I own my own car on the negative side is the depreciation, fuel consumption (2.7 Tdi Auto) and now car tax. Insurance is only be £20 a year more than the new A4 and so doesn't count.

Looking at the 'old' A6, the new A4 is very similiar in size which is in keeping with the modern trend to produce ever bigger cars. I would not be surprised if Audi in a few years merge the A6 and A8 to produce a single big exec car. A friend of mine drives an A8 which he can do becase the leasing costs are so low given that he drives so few miles and the leasing company were desperate to off load the beast.

I can think of a new thread coming on 'future audi developments', I think we have more of an idea than those :buttkick:at Audi HQ who can not even launch a superb car like the A4 without upsetting many loyal customers as demonstrated on the many threads on this web site.