PDA

View Full Version : vag-com pro?

squirrel4207
04-04-2008, 03:11 PM
how good or reliable/functional is this compaierd to the other products on the market . http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/index.html

pgarner
04-04-2008, 04:03 PM
i use 409 on the bora its good for keeping an eye out for fault codes ( none so far hopefully will stay that way )and clearing them , but also checking everythings working ok. airflow meters are a big problem on a lot of engines you can check what air is flowing over meter. if its a turboed engine ( petrol or diesel ) you can check boost pressure.
if your good with your maths you can work out your cars power by using the measuring blocks.

youll see every one here will back it up that its good some say better than the VW diagnostic equipment itself

well worth the £15 ish for the cable ebay or eshrules on here sells them and current exchanges put the license for 409 at about £50. note that version 7xx requires a rosstech offical cable (around £200 inc software )

Crasher
04-04-2008, 05:14 PM
I use the beta 803.11 release on a professional day to day basis and I can do 99% of what the dealer can. I could do more if they would allow us the seven digit SKC code. I buy my cables from Ilexa.

jkay2008
09-04-2008, 07:31 PM
I use the beta 803.11 release on a professional day to day basis and I can do 99% of what the dealer can. I could do more if they would allow us the seven digit SKC code. I buy my cables from Ilexa.

Seconded. If you pay the money for the current version/cable, its among/if not the best on the market. I also use Derek at Ilexa

Crasher
09-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Derek is a top chap.