PDA

View Full Version : Locked out of my Audi A4

SteveA4
06-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Hi,

I purchased a 2001 A4 TDI recently. I drove it home but didn't use it for a while and the battery went flat.
I can't get into it now as the remote won't work. The key turns in the driver's door lock but the lock doesn't operate.
I can get into the boot and even attempted to attach a battery charger to the wire attached to the boot light to see if I could charge the battey that way -- to no avail.

Is there a way to open the door or the bonnet from the outside?
I may have to resort to breaking a window but that is a bit drastic.

Thanks,
Steve

RickT
23-12-2006, 01:32 AM
Have you manage to get this sorted now??

if you insert the key and turn it, it will open as its a manual over ride, you have to turn it to the max to open the drivers door only.

let us know how you have got on.

Cheers

RickT

SteveA4
03-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reply.
I am still locked out.
I have tried the key and it turns in the lock perfectly but the door doesn't unlock.
The lock seems to be a slightly loose in the door so I suspect that it isn't operating manually.

The boot operates perfectly with the key.

Thanks,
Steve

Dave Avant
03-01-2007, 05:07 PM
I disconnected my battery at weekend and had to reprogram the fob to the car.

I found that the lock operates opposite to other locks - to lock turn anti CW to lock and CW to unlock (I think, anyway when I did it, it seemed the wrong way round).

Open door then press unlock on fob, turn ignition on, then off. It now should work. If you're not quick in switching on ign. the alarm will sound, but will stop when ign. is turned on.

Presumming you have a saloon, car the rear seats be folded down from the boot - is the release catch in the boot? If you can fold them down maybe try and climb through to open the bonnet?