PDA

View Full Version : Hazard switch still clicking when indcators turned off!

lvbug
04-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Ive got this clicking noise from the hazard switch in a skoda superb. Thats normal you might say when you have the indicators or hazard lights switched on but this noise continues like a little mouse tap dancing:o after you switch off the indicators so it gets very annoying for the driver after a while:zx11:
I have replaced the Hazard switch and it still does it ! Any help would be greatly appreciated

j.davidson14@nt
05-04-2008, 07:24 AM
Hi lvbug,thanks for reply to my cooling problem more of that later, but your problem is definetely that the indicator stalk needs to be replaced, have had exactly same problem myself and did as you changed hazard switch to no effect then changed indicator stalk and oh what silence!!!!
Now picking your brain and anyone else reading this regarding my original post, have changed water pump to new one with metal fins, replaced thermostat had radiator and engine back flushed (Three times) new electric fan fitted, had diagnostics check done (Nothing) and still same problem in that if outside temp below 10 Degrees all okay outside temp above 10 then temp guage rises and only by putting on heater does guage lower, anyone any ideas as my garage and auto flectrician running out of ideas.
:beerchug:
Taximan 20

Lofty79
05-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Hi lvbug,thanks for reply to my cooling problem more of that later, but your problem is definetely that the indicator stalk needs to be replaced, have had exactly same problem myself and did as you changed hazard switch to no effect then changed indicator stalk and oh what silence!!!!
Now picking your brain and anyone else reading this regarding my original post, have changed water pump to new one with metal fins, replaced thermostat had radiator and engine back flushed (Three times) new electric fan fitted, had diagnostics check done (Nothing) and still same problem in that if outside temp below 10 Degrees all okay outside temp above 10 then temp guage rises and only by putting on heater does guage lower, anyone any ideas as my garage and auto flectrician running out of ideas.
:beerchug:
Taximan 20

Airlock, Blocked rad, fans not working, vic fan not working? Theres a few

lvbug
07-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Cheers J Davidson , Ill try replacing that switch . Re your overheating prob I ll reply on your thread. :beerchug:

lvbug
22-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Cheers Mate , Ive replaced the indicator stalk switch and the ticking noise has stopped. Thanks again:beerchug:

Copiertech
31-05-2010, 11:40 AM
If anyone else gets the same problem, you dont need to actually replace the switch, just clean the old grease out and lube it with switch contact oil or non conductive grease, its because the old grease has become contaminated and is now slightly conductive.