PDA

View Full Version : MoT horn placement

Robin K-S
03-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Hi all

I've just aquired an Italvolanti steering wheel & boss from the mk2 16v golf, but when I fitted it in my Scirocco the horn is constantly on. This is due to the screws in the boss shorting out against the horn contact. It's fine while its lose, but as soon as you tighten the nut up, its on constant. If anyone knows how to fix this, I'd be eternally grateful.

If not, my plan was to buy a new horn push button from car builders solutions (great online shop, just google them) to mount eslewhere & just pull the horn wires out to the new position. The only thing I can find online, is that the horn button needs to be secure & within easy reach of the driver. Does anyone know anymore than this or is anyone an MoT tester with some advice on this one.

Cheers

Robin

Robin K-S
06-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Have fitted the wheel, but had to lose the brass ring & indicator cancellation bit, as the screws holding this in were snagging on the indicator mech. It now works perfectly ie I turn it & the car turns, looks pretty good too.
The horn will be mounted to the left in the gauge blank next to the ashtray, as can be seen from the picture I've already got the obligatory VDO gauges mounted in the stereo hole.

Robin K-S
07-02-2009, 10:58 AM
This is ok, took her down for an MoT last Saturday, they said its fine. It just needs to work and be within easy reach of the steering wheel.