PDA

View Full Version : alarm,gone bonkers,

Dessie Diesel
06-12-2006, 12:05 AM
Please help, audi a3 1.9tdi year 2000.the alarm on this vehicle has got an intermitant fault, in fact it has just gone off now, plus it is locking the car of its own accord.thank you.

quattrophil
06-12-2006, 01:25 AM
Please help, audi a3 1.9tdi year 2000.the alarm on this vehicle has got an intermitant fault, in fact it has just gone off now, plus it is locking the car of its own accord.thank you.
Hi Des,just loged on. find alarm brain ,check door close /pin swich is operating ok,also make sure u dont have fly or insect in car. it could be setting off alarm. if not the brain is f----d .p.s is it factory fitted? regards Phil

Dessie Diesel
06-12-2006, 02:24 AM
Hi Phil, thanks for the advice, this alarm looks to be Factory fitted,I Isolated the interior switch on the door post drivers side,this should kill any interior signal, The diode lamp is giving the proper signal that all is well which means all doors are closed boot and bonnet also,The control unit i think is located in a boot well , passengers side below the rear tail lamp cluster, it seems to be a very big unit,must have its own back up battery,the hand book says that disconnecting the vehicle battery does not isolate the alarm, I removed the central locking fuse but this left me that i could not lock my a3. big trouble in my estate.
Thanks Des.:confused: