PDA

View Full Version : Its on its way

Bloater
03-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Had a call from the dealer tonight, my car is officially "Waiting for Ship". Therefore looks like build week 14 it was, i.e. this week.

Ordered 22nd Feb, amended 26th Feb, mine by the end of the month guaranteed. Now I have to hope its the right spec, incl. rear sensors.

Foringo
03-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Been told that mine too has been built (in week 14), no firm date but I expect it will be end of the month.:fing02:

gilesw08
03-04-2008, 07:36 PM
thats exciting - my build week is 15 so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for similar news this time next week!!!:D

dc1743
04-04-2008, 06:22 AM
Had a call from the dealer tonight, my car is officially "Waiting for Ship". Therefore looks like build week 14 it was, i.e. this week.

Hi,

My car was built in week 12, all this week it has officially been On Ship.

I did not realise the North Sea was so wide!

I am wondering whether next week it wiil be Waiting for transporter and the then the following week On transporter and so on :(

digigriffin
04-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Well Bloater it looks like you will beat me to it.

I have just checked and my build weeks is....
.... 24 :mad:

Not bad considering I only ordered on the 19th Feb :(

HotChip
04-04-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm stating the bloody obvious here, but there really doesn't seem to be any corellation between order date and build date.

I ordered my S-line on 23rd March (Week 13) and have been given a build date of week 18. five weeks later Some of you guys finalised your SE order in week 9 and have been given build dates of Week 24, fifteen weeks later!!

That's 3 times longer to build a lower spec car?? So much for german efficiency!!

Bloater
14-04-2008, 05:21 PM
An update from my dealer today, the car is now "On ship". Hopefully the boat is a fast one, we'll see.

dc1743 - Any update on yours??

EDit - Just noticed your post, so thats 4 weeks or so from build.

Fingers crossed.

Foringo
14-04-2008, 05:45 PM
I had a phone call on Saturday to say that my car (2.7 SE) is built and now at Emden awaiting shipment to Sheerness Docks. Apparently I should receive my registration on Wednesday.....so presumably I would have thought that I should be able to collect the car about a week on Friday....but no firm date given yet.:o

Still yet to see one on the road :crying:

alexcf
14-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Saw one finally on the road in Brighton. Was a 2.7TDI in Deep Sea Blue!

Foringo
14-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Same colour as mine...unless it is mine, it's arrived early and they are using it as a demonstrator :boggled:

alexcf
14-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Heh, did you order it from Brighton Audi? :p

Foringo
15-04-2008, 05:35 PM
No....all's well, mine is now at the local dealership awaiting pre-delivery prep i.e. removing the bratwurst wrappers, polishing out all of the scratches, dents & graffiti that have been picked up en route (if you have ever been to Sheerness on the Isle of Sheppy you will know what I mean :blackeye: )....collecting it a week Friday...just hope it wasn't built on a Friday :friday:

JohnyIre
16-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Just looked on the site again. Man that is one sweet looking car. Can't wait to buy a 2'nd hard in a few years so be careful with them. I want a good one!

Bloater
16-04-2008, 08:04 PM
More good news from the dealer this morning. The car arrived at the service centre in Kent.

Another call an hour later to say that it had been released and was on its way to the PDI centre local to the dealer. They should receive the car on Friday, with a view to registration details early next week, and delivery later in the week.

Its getting close. Hold on to your hats, all those waiting. After build, week 14 for me, things can move quick.

:beerchug:

AUDI-NUT
16-04-2008, 08:10 PM
More good news from the dealer this morning. The car arrived at the service centre in Kent.

Another call an hour later to say that it had been released and was on its way to the PDI centre local to the dealer. They should receive the car on Friday, with a view to registration details early next week, and delivery later in the week.

Its getting close. Hold on to your hats, all those waiting. After build, week 14 for me, things can move quick.

:beerchug:

What have you ordered?

Bloater
16-04-2008, 10:34 PM
It's a 2.0TDI SE, bright red, with a few extras. Ordered before the spec change at beginning of March, so should have rear sensors.

Bloater
17-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Dealer told me today that the car has arrived at the PDI centre, and I should have the registration on Monday. I also inquired about collection dates, and looks like next Thursday should be good.

Still waiting for final confirmation that it has the rear sensors fitted, but hopefully all ok for 7 days.

Soon to be an Audi owner.

Bloater

Bloater
24-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Today's the day. Collect the red machine at lunchtime today. Got the registration on Monday as promised, and also confirmation that the rear sensors are fitted to the car.

Now all I need is for the rain to hold off, but that is unlikely.

Soon to be an Audi owner. :aargh4:

Bloater

AndyE66
24-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Enjoy :biglaugh: Post pics!

Bloater
24-04-2008, 06:43 PM
A couple of pics, whilst dodging the showers. Drives lovely, although the footrest and clutch is interesting. Also the offset pedals take some getting used to. Anyway, so far, its great:biglaugh:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/gforrow/New%20Car/IMG_0637copy.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/gforrow/New%20Car/IMG_0636copy.jpg

Hope the links work, I'm new to the bucket.

Bloater

AndyE66
24-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Photos work - looks fantastic in red - many happy miles :D

RichardCranium
24-04-2008, 08:28 PM
looks the DB's. What interior spec have you got?

Bloater
24-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Its the standard interior, Cosinus Cloth Black. I also went for the phone prep, low, which now has my phone book uploaded, and works. SE 880i.

Interior light pack looks good in the dark, lots of extra lighting.

Noticed that the MMI screen is very bright, and doesn't dim much with the dashboard lighting. Guess there must be a setup for it somewhere, back to the handbook.

If I find anything else, you'll know about it.

Bloater

Satch
25-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Looks great Bloater and health to drive... good choice of colour.:D;)

You can adjust the MMI brightness through the instrument cluster function in set -up. You can also turn it off completeley if you want.

AndyE66
25-04-2008, 09:51 AM
On mine I press:

Radio

then

Setup

Then the lower left function button on the MMI controller (Display)

The display brightness option then pops up.

Bloater
25-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Cheers Satch and Andy, will look tonight after work.

Time to give it a clean:aargh4:. Only joking.:biglaugh: