PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 Concert CD player problems (& more)

skippy
02-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Greetings,
I have recently joined the forum having purchased a 2000 A4 2.4SE.

Problem 1:- The sound system is a 'Concert' (BOSE, I think) system which works fine except for the CD player which throws up an "ERR 1" message after inserting a disk into the slot. I understand that it has been like this for some time from the previous owner, and indeed I knew of the fault when I bought the car. Not wishing to modify the system if possible, can anyone suggest what the problem is likely to be? I have a reasonable level of ability with a soldering iron, etc. and come from a background (in the dim & distant past) of electronic engineering. Where can I get the correct tool for removing the sound system from the dashboard, and who would be a good supplier of any bits that I might need?

Problem 2:- The multifunction display in the centre of the dash panel has several of the 'lines' of pixels not functioning. This makes the display almost unreadable, particularly with the smaller messages. Is there a possibility that there might be a multi pin connector that has dirty contacts behind the panel, or is the problem likely to be more serious? What is the best way of gaining access to this display? I know that this is not strictly 'In car entertainment' but I thought that anyone who has intimate knowledge of 'problem 1' would have an idea about 'problem 2'.

:confused::confused:

Thanks in anticipation'

Skippy.

TomG6289
02-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Skippy,
I have the exact same problem with my 2000 Audi A6 CD player and the ERR 1 msg when I try to play a CD. Were you successful in fixing yours? How? Can you share the wealth please?
Thanks.
Tom G in Monument, CO

skippy
14-01-2009, 11:59 AM
I've only just managed to get a removal tool for the radio; I'll have a go when I get the chance and report further.
Rgds, S.

Froggy
14-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Is this the CD changer or the head unit ?

If it's the changer, it's probably the laser, which isn't too bad a job to change if you know what you are doing. If you don't fancy changing it yourself we can do it for you.

skippy
14-01-2009, 12:15 PM
The unit is a single slot on the dash panel, no multi CD changer unit. As I said in the previous post I'll try to get the unit out and see if there's anything obvious wrong. If it turns out that the laser is shot, can replacements be obtained?
Rgds, S.

Froggy
15-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Not that I'm aware of - the unit is made by Grundig, and they really don't exist any more. :-(

roscarbon
18-01-2011, 12:05 PM
HI Froggy, i have a 2003 Audi A6 and the concert single cd is faulty. It cilcks when you put a CD in and comes up with a CD or Disc error. Is this fixable? Assuming not, any ideas where I can get a replacement single CD Concert stereo, or do you have any advice for replacement, i.e. upgrades of any kind?
MAny thanks