PDA

View Full Version : Another headlight bulb change query

Akash
02-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Hi all,

Does anyone have clear instructions on changing the H7s and sidelights on an A6 s-line 2.0 TDI 2007 (07) model?

I ordered some replacement bulbs, like most of you have also noticed the manual stating its a dealership job.

On opening the bonnet, there is no room on the drivers side and maybe just enough room on the passenger side.
Drivers side has the airbox and pipe covering it from what I can see
Passenger side has some round cylinder in the way

Any help would be appreciated. I have ordered the "service manual" from ebay that apparently covers it (on 3 cds) but I've yet to recieve them.

Thanks in advance

Peter D
02-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Email me at Info@3DAssociates.co.uk and I send you the details. Regards Peter

true
17-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Email me at Info@3DAssociates.co.uk and I send you the details. Regards Peter

What's wrong with posting the details up here for all to see?

Akash
17-04-2008, 04:13 PM
I think its something to do with the way the attachment is from the software to here
It's easier to be sent via e-mail

Not sure if that is the correct reason but I found it difficult to post here when I got my own version of the software!

true
17-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Ah right, I thought you were e-mailing for details on how to change the bulbs - something I could do with knowing too!

Akash
17-04-2008, 04:28 PM
we were...

Sorry what I meant is that the instructions come from this software
And to get it from the software to a "document" that can be sent out, it's better via e-mail rather than trying to get it on the forum

I guess eventually, we can put it in the "how to" section.

So far I have not done it as it involves a bit of work and I need the rain to stop!

If you do need them, I can send them to you too
In my case with the 4F (07 plate) sline 2.0 tdi I need to remove the airbox and the power steering resovoir (I think it just needs to be tilted out of the way)

Then it's easier to access teh bulbs (in theory)

apologies for any spelling mistakes, I'm typing remotlly with a delay and the text is very small!

true
17-04-2008, 04:36 PM
In my case with the 4F (07 plate) sline 2.0 tdi I need to remove the airbox and the power steering resovoir (I think it just needs to be tilted out of the way)

I have an 06 Allroad 3.0TDI. I wasn't sure if it was a bumper off job or whether I could do it through the engine bay. I'll send you a PM with my e-mail address if you wouldn't mind sending me what you've got.

Thanks

Akash
17-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Sent... let me know how you get on

I do want to try it myself but dont feel 100% comfortable just yet - also the car's going in for a few repairs so I'll try later on next week

What bulbs are you planning on putting in?

true
17-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Nice one, thanks.

Taking out the air intake will be Ok but I'm not sure about the power steering reservoir yet.

I've got some LED sidelights which I'd like to fit as they're a closer colour match to the xenons, and I'd also like to fit LED tower bulbs for the daytime running lights, although I haven't been able to find any with built in resistors yet so that would require fitting resistor packs too which I'm not sure I can be bothered with right now.

Akash
18-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Sounds good, I too have LED sidelights to put in
I got the quad ones but I've found something that sounds a lot better but more pricy too
http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/ultimate-501t10194-watt-ultra-xenon-white-p-1684.html

I'll be buying a lot from these lot as I'm replacing all the interior and door bulbs to LED ones
I bought a pair of festoon 18 LED bulbs as a test from ebay for a tenner and put them in yesterday
I was blown away by how bright they were.

Ordered a few more to replace any other festoon bulbs and will be getting the bayonette ones to replace the lights in the rear and the front too

Also ordered those LED strip lights for the headlights/bumper which I will experiment on once the weather improves!

true
18-04-2008, 12:09 PM
They are the LED bulbs I bought and am waiting to fit.

Ultraleds and very good. Most of the stuff I order from them arrives the next day. The products are getting better too - I've had various sets fitted to my Golf but they used to fail after a while as they were only rated to 12V but in reality the voltage can spike up to 14V or even higher. The newer versions are much more reliable.

I'd be intersted to hear how you get on with changing the interior bulbs to LED too - which bulbs you order etc. I have the interior lighting package which illuminates the footwells and door trims with LEDs but the rest of the interior lights are still filament bulbs which looks a bit odd.

The xenon headlights come with LED rear clusters as standard but I might try to replace the indicators and number plate bulbs with LEDs too. Ultrleds are going to get a lot of business!

PlatinumV
27-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Hi Akash, any chance you can copy the manuals and post them to me?

My cars an A6 new shape 2004. 2.4 petrol.

Also, I've now tried twice to change the driver side bulb but cannot seem to remove more than on part of the air intake in order to get access.

Akash
27-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Hi Akash, any chance you can copy the manuals and post them to me?

My cars an A6 new shape 2004. 2.4 petrol.

Also, I've now tried twice to change the driver side bulb but cannot seem to remove more than on part of the air intake in order to get access.

Hiya, no probs, do you want it posted or e-mailed to you?
If email, PM me your add I'll send over the instructions to you

pills12
08-06-2011, 06:44 PM
hi could you please send me details thanks

Kegsie
12-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Could I also have a copy of thisfile showing howto change the headlight bulb as i have a dip light out
thanks

tazaudi
29-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Hi Akashi, I would be extremely grateful if you can send me details on how to change H7 bulb on S-A6 drivers side.... I have a le mans edition of the a6 2008 model...

Many thanks in advance

Email is. 4imtiaz@gmail.com

Thanks again

ruggedscot
30-12-2011, 12:56 AM
Well its quite a job to change the dipped headlamp I did both on the car a few weeks ago and have to say you need to have a few tools about to complete it - also thin fingers are required ! The passenger side one is relatively straightforward but the drivers side required the removal of the airbox and ducting. This also required the moving and disconnection of a few leads to facilitiate moving the ducting clear. Id be careful if you dont know your way about basic tools and unplugging and plugging back in connectors and such. The air box needs to be split and this requires the clips holding the parts together to be removed. The ducting to the turbo was also removed and the air intake to the air box from the front of the car removed aswell. Keep all the screws together and watch you dont drop the clips as they are a bugger to get back up.

DrK00
10-02-2012, 12:48 AM
I've changed both sides in the past 3 weeks on my 2.7 TDi. I did the drivers side when I had the air intake and box off for a filter change anyway -bout 30min job. Passenger side is less faff to move. Best top tips are first to turn on the sidelight so you can see when it is lined up with the hole, head looking at front of car through light casing; it's pot luck otherwise and you'll get cramp in your fingers. Second route I took was to hold the plastic peg bit (which is too short Audi!) with a clothes peg; it makes it easier to wield about. Main beam looks more straight forward.