PDA

View Full Version : my door just stays locked

diljaa
04-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Hi.
I heard about some people who had some electric problems in the '99-'03 golf, doors being locked and unlocked, windows going up and down. Has anyone had that problem with the new model?
I just noticed that my front passenger door is just staying locked, I could only open it by using the button inside the drivers door (I had to lock and unlock it a few times before I could open it though) and it made a weird sound when trying to unlock it.
I was just wandering if anyone had had that same thing happen to them.

Snowdance38
05-12-2006, 04:59 PM
I had a problem with my 06 Jetta 2.5 once.. But that was after I had washed it on a warm day and then the temp fell well below freezing .. It just had some water inside.. After warming it up there was no longer a problem..

And I did have to have the lock replaced on my 02 Bora estate because a micro switch in the lock failed.. Some times it would not lock or unlock and some times just lock it self.. I understand that is a common problem..

madelgado
05-12-2006, 05:23 PM
It is definitely a problem with the microswitches... but not the microswitches by themselves, but about the solding. I started to have problems like that one in my 2001 passat 3bg about 1 year ago... one day I decided to try to fix-it, re-solding all of the wires/switches in the small board inside the lock. I have read in other sites that it is a problem when the locks were made, insufficient material or something wrong with the solding. I re-solded everything and I did not have trouble again until today :D

Hope this helps

diljaa
05-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Thanks, It has actually been very cold here lately but I haven't washed it in a while now so I don't think it's because of water. I also noticed just now that when it jammes the turn light in that mirror blinks very funny.

diljaa
05-12-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm trying to contact the dealer but there's no answer (as usual) to see if they are willing to take a look at it, the car is still under warranty, I'm just hoping that it covers my little problem

madelgado
05-12-2006, 05:33 PM
ups, I have just realized that your car is the new Golf/Polo... that problem should not be affecting that model... Do you have vag-com? If the mirror blinker is failing then the problem may be more generic to the door as a whole. I would try to find someone with vag-com (or similar diagnostic cable) and scan the module 46 (Central Convenience), because it looks like a can-bus (data bus between the Comfort module and the door) issue or a power supply (or ground) problem.

Snowdance38
05-12-2006, 05:48 PM
The problem with cold joints on the boards has been a big one for all the German cars.. Mercedes, Porsche and VW.. Dating back to the late 70,s.. Its not uncommon to re-solder the boards in them and fix many problems.. I would not be surprised if that was infact the problem with many of the locks.

But like you I question the blinker having a problem and the lock.. Does seem it may be more than just the switch.. I would bet you have it right.. Power or ground problem..