PDA

View Full Version : Auto Door Lock?

beneast
01-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Do the doors auto lock as you drive off?? I belive it can be done, but how??

rjt64
01-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Do the doors auto lock as you drive off?? I belive it can be done, but how??

it depends what computer VW have put on your car.
My 140 Tdi Highline(March 2008) has a MDF(sorry:D) MFD comp and steering wheel controls, and by going into the settings menu, you are given various options: one of them allows you to make the doors-drivers only or all- auto lock at a speed of +15kmh.
However there are various other options which don't seem to be on my car, eg getting the passanger mirror to dip down when reverse gear is selected.
Unless anyone else knows differently:confused:

GeoffW
01-04-2008, 05:16 PM
it depends what computer VW have put on your car.
My 140 Tdi Highline(March 2008) has a MDF(sorry:D) MFD comp and steering wheel controls, and by going into the settings menu, you are given various options: one of them allows you to make the doors-drivers only or all- auto lock at a speed of +15kmh.
However there are various other options which don't seem to be on my car, eg getting the passanger mirror to dip down when reverse gear is selected.
Unless anyone else knows differently:confused:

My 07 140TDi 4Motion with MFSW also has the highline computer (MFD) and I can set the Door Locking so they lock when you drive off, but can't set the passenger mirror to dip - so I would guess that is the way it is!!

Ronny
02-04-2008, 05:45 AM
My 07 140TDi 4Motion with MFSW also has the highline computer (MFD) and I can set the Door Locking so they lock when you drive off, but can't set the passenger mirror to dip - so I would guess that is the way it is!!

You gotta have the option of electric seats with memory in order to get the mirror to dip and fold.

LeFrog
02-04-2008, 08:56 PM
If like me you don't have the highline computer you need a friendly local forum member with VAG-COM plus Canbus lead (see VAGCOM forum for list). I have both and have put it on mine as well as single press on remote opens all doors and reassuring beep when locking/unlocking car.
I live near Brands Hatch Racing Circuit in Kent but the Vagcom forum has an entry showing peoples locations and abilities.
Hope this helps. Paul

gtidave
04-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Your local VW dealer can activate drive away locking. They will charge £19.95 for it. If you wait until your next service, I would try and get them to do it for free as it's only a case of plugging it into their 5051 machine and turning it on.

If you have the highline computer, you can do this yourself.

Your dealer can actually change any of the settings that are user changable with the HL computer. Ask at your next service for a list.

james_tiger_woo
04-04-2008, 08:35 AM
What can be changed - as an overall list in addition to things like auto locking?

Trapper
04-04-2008, 12:58 PM
James wrote:

What can be changed - as an overall list in addition to things like auto locking?

Plan A:
I have asked for a Highline system in my new SEL but don't think it will come with one!

Plan B:
If someone would kindly:D:1zhelp::D supply a list of the tweakable 'Options' I would ask the dealer to set them up prior to collection.

DaveNN
04-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Haven't I seen a thread with a long list (possibly from the USA) on this???
Truth be told, I haven't been able to find it...perhaps because I'm thick!:D

gtidave
04-04-2008, 08:02 PM
My dealer gave me a list. I'll try and find it and post it on here.

bugOlugs
04-04-2008, 08:07 PM
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/index.html

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/vag-functions.html

;)

DaveNN
04-04-2008, 08:55 PM
My dealer gave me a list. I'll try and find it and post it on here.

Ta very much!!!!