PDA

View Full Version : 2.7T carbon footprint

audipersempre
01-04-2008, 01:33 PM
It just twigged. Us 2.7T owners appear to have the carbon footprint of a large male elephant!

Our road tax is set to double in March 2009 :(

webchem
01-04-2008, 02:05 PM
It will double only if car registered after march 2006...

audipersempre
01-04-2008, 02:12 PM
This is what I got from Parkers Guide web site..................

From 1st March 2001 the annual car tax (or Vehicle Excise Duty - VED) rates are determined by CO2 emissions and type of fuel used. This information is on the car’s log book - also called a V5 document.
If your car was registered before the 1st March 2001 then car tax is based only on the engine size, with one rate for engine sizes up to and including 1549cc and one for engines over 1549cc.

Audi A6 Saloon (97-04)
2.7 T quattro Sport (250ps) 4d Tip Auto

Rates effective from 13 March 2008
Date of Registration6 Months12 MonthsBand15 Aug 2001 – 30 May 2003£115.50£210.00F

Rates effective from March 2009
Date of Registration6 Months12 MonthsBand15 Aug 2001 – 30 May 2003£242.00£440.00M

buster
01-04-2008, 02:27 PM
It just twigged. Us 2.7T owners appear to have the carbon footprint of a large male elephant!

Our road tax is set to double in March 2009 :(

I am happy with my carbon footprint.

I don't use air travel, have a well insulated house and have two trees in my garden. My 2.7T is my one and only luxury and I am comfortable with it.

The road tax has been discussed on here already, and your car in band F.

The new tax rate of band G cars is only for vehicles registered after 23rd March 2006.

The cost of vehicle tax for cars, motorcycles, light goods vehicles and trade licences : Directgov - Motoring (http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012524)

If your car was registered before 23rd March 2006, I have some good news for you. If not, then.........:aargh4:

Mine is a duel fuel car so I get a discount too :o)

audipersempre
01-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks, Parkers clearly have incorrect information and I must have missed the past threads sorry. My car was registered 4th January 2002 :D

I am not so happy with my carbon footprint. 25 - 35 flights a year many of them long haul to Asia, then there is the 2.7T and A4 Cab 3.0 and I only have one tree in my garden.

:(

buster
01-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Thanks, Parkers clearly have incorrect information and I must have missed the past threads sorry. My car was registered 4th January 2002 :D

I am not so happy with my carbon footprint. 25 - 35 flights a year many of them long haul to Asia, then there is the 2.7T and A4 Cab 3.0 and I only have one tree in my garden.

:(

:eek:

I will send you another tree LOL

dandam
01-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Best make it a very big one after that many flights to Asia - you must be able to do a great sideline in cheap alcohol and cigs ! ;)

djl78
01-04-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm afraid to say that steve is right......
As of next year vehicles emitting over 226 CO2 emissions will pay £440.....2010 those same vehicles will go up to £455.....
B******s........And i've only just bought an Allroad 2.5 Tdi

Col
01-04-2008, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't worry.

We are all going to die in August when CERN start up their Hadron Collider and start making black holes. Chances are it will go wrong and one will eat the earth !

djl78
01-04-2008, 07:27 PM
I've no intention of selling my Audi.I'm not going to let the Government ruin my fun!!!!!As for CERN........At least the french will get sucked in before us....:)

Niall76
01-04-2008, 07:31 PM
I couldn't give a monkeys about carbon footprint. It's all a load of propoganda anyway.

I re-cycle pretty much everything, I repair instead of renew etc.

As for oil - don't get me started.........GRRRRRR gordon brown = ******.

buster
02-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I've no intention of selling my Audi.I'm not going to let the Government ruin my fun!!!!!As for CERN........At least the french will get sucked in before us....:)

hmmmm..... will we be able to watch France get eaten on the telly before we are stretched into a long line of molecules, or will the radio waves be sucked in as well?

webchem
02-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Shame about France going - they mike nice wine, bread and cheese.

On communication with DVLA, my 2.7T registered before march 2006 will stay in band F - which will go up yes, but not to the level that cars after march 2006 will...

MalcQV
03-04-2008, 08:53 AM
I couldn't give a monkeys about carbon footprint. It's all a load of propoganda anyway.

I re-cycle pretty much everything, I repair instead of renew etc.

As for oil - don't get me started.........GRRRRRR gordon brown = ******.

On my wavelength too. Not sure if CERN thing will suck that wavelength in though :D.

The tax will go up in 2009/2010. Think my 2.0 Passat will be £300 apprx. However (for now) my 3.0 V8 83 Mondial without cats and doing about 15mpg is only £180 a year. The Mondy only does about 1000-1500 miles a year tops so it probably puts out less C02/year than the Passat which does near to 13k. Course this is all bolox because man made C02 is negligible anyway so the nitrogen oxides and carbon monoxides (I think) the Mondy emits due to lack of cats is probably far worse overall and I pay less. This is why the numb'vernment should increase tax on petrol (if anything) and not road fund licence.

I also do at least two long haul return flights a year.

buster
30-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Just seen this

Looks like the sneaky, underhanded b*******ds have changed their minds and are now trying to make out that they were misunderstood.

Thousands of families are facing a surprise tax hike after Chancellor
Alistair Darling confirmed that cars up to seven years old would be subject to new
road duties.

It was widely believed that older vehicles would be exempted from the
shake-up, which is designed to penalise high emissions.
However, the Treasury said that owners of larger cars bought since March
2001 would be hit.
A spokeswoman denied that the move had been slipped through "on the quiet",
but admitted that last month's Budget had not "spelt it out".
"It's not as clear in the Budget as it could be," she said. "It's not
explicitly spelt out."
News of the unexpected levy is likely to cause fury among motorists amid
soaring costs for fuel and other essentials.
Some experts estimate that the Exchequer is already set to benefit from an
extra £2 billion in revenue this year thanks to high petrol and diesel prices.
Under the new road tax system, there will be 13 bands ranging from A to M,
with vehicles being classed based on their carbon emissions. New cars will
also be subject to a so-called "showroom rate".
Mr Darling said the changes would come into effect from next April, and
raise an additional £1.2 billion in revenue by March 2011.
However, critics insist he failed to make clear that much of this money
would come from older cars.

webchem
30-04-2008, 06:51 PM
This really worries me - I had an official reply from DVLA that said that the new tax bands would not apply to me - registered before March 2006. It looks like this was wrong.

I only hope that there is enough of a stink about this to create one of Gordon's famous U-turns.

Can I suggest we all write to the lovely Alistair Darling - darlinga@parliament.uk - and let him know what we think, can I suggest you copy it to your own MP also especially if its a Tory MP as they should be leaping up and down as this is yet another example of misleading leadership.

I know this is like shutting the door when the horse has bolted, but if I had known this when I bought my 2.7T last may, it might have resulted in a re-thinking. As it is now I have a car that wil probably cost me £440 next April - not to mention MoT and servicing...

Happy days!

Niall76
30-04-2008, 07:49 PM
done.

I don't get a hike but I do believe darling is an utterly useless underhanded spineless piece of crap.

webchem
30-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Excellent...

Lets get as much as possible in his inbox...

buster
01-05-2008, 10:11 AM
This really worries me - I had an official reply from DVLA that said that the new tax bands would not apply to me - registered before March 2006. It looks like this was wrong.

Got a copy of that?