PDA

View Full Version : Warning Lights

marcus
01-04-2008, 11:50 AM
I have a 2.0ltr 170 TDI on a 56 plate which i got back from the repairers yesterday after a rear end shunt, and this morning having got in the car to come to work have found that the engine emmission light is on constantly and the glow plug light is flashing. The hand book says i need to take the car in as there is a fault but can anyone out there tell me if they have witnessed the same problem and what the likely cause is. I did have initial thoughts that the repair garage may have put some petrol in instead of diesel but the car is running fine and they have assured me they havnt!!

I would be very interested to find if any one has had the same thing happen, oh and by the way she is due her first service in approx 300 miles!!

Many Thanks

Marcus

GH20TDI
01-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Wierdly my emissions light came on yesterday (but not the glow plug light). Phoned Audi who offered to take £135 from me to look at it, then more to fix it.
Car out of warranty so went to local garage who attached it to their diagnosis and said maybe the temp sensor was faulty but was not showing any problems; reset the parameters andcharged £40. I'll keep an eye on it.

Possibly there was some freak weather that caused a problem or just coincidence! Will let you know if it happens again.

marcus
01-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Cheers for that, mines still under warrenty although i have had her re-mapped so hope that they dont discover this and invalidate it!!

marcus
08-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Having taken mine in for service/repair i was interested to note that my car was one of 3 received that day with the same warring lights displayed. Has any one else witnessed this problem or is this just a spooky coincedence :confused: