PDA

View Full Version : 1.9 tdi 110 sticking turbo??

rich h
01-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Hi All - I have an Audi A3 TDi 110bhp with engine code AHU. The car has an intermittent turbo problem. It will be fine for a couple of weeks then it'll loose all power at 3100rpm on the same hill usually. The only way off getting out of limp mode is to turn the ignition on then off

I've changed the MAF sensor and had a good look around all the turbo pipe work for splits around the N75 valve. I've also been under the car to see that that actuator rod on the turbo is moving when the ignition is cycled.

Is it possible that the N75 valve could have an intermittent fault or is it more likely a sticking vein on the turbo?

I always try to give the car plenty of right boot as I've been told that driving them ponderously can lead to sticky veins on the turbo. The only reason I haven't bitten the bullet and had the turbo taken off and cleaned is that the car can drive faultlessly for 2 weeks then the problems raises it's head again. Any one else had similar problems?

Thanks
Richard

rich h
01-04-2008, 09:46 AM
correction engine code is ALH

vic4
02-04-2008, 11:56 AM
is this like the problem i have on mine? i have just posted a thred "acceleration gone"