PDA

View Full Version : Help with Bose System Please

swerum
01-04-2008, 08:07 AM
first off hiya all, i am new to this site as well as a first time audi owner.......so have a quick question bought an Audi A3 1.9Tdi SE which,second hand :(
said it came with bose sound system although when i look i can only find front speaker grills with silver bose logo, none on rear speakers....

is it a genuine bose system if so how can i be sure, where can i find the amp or the sub

any feedback would be much appreciated.

thanks

paul b
01-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Just to further confuse the issue. :confused:

My A6 has the sub etc in the side panels in the boot, and they have Bose stickers on them. However, I know it isn't a full Bose sound system (optional extra) because there are no Bose logos on the speaker grilles and using onzarob's option code calculator my A6 hasn't got the Bose optional extra.

This could be a long process to find out! ;) Good luck though.

Paul

swerum
02-04-2008, 08:11 AM
thanks im sure we will get to the bottomof it some how, going to strip panels down and have a look at sub and amp.

Froggy
04-04-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm fairly certain they didn't put he BOSE logo on the rear speakers from memory.

swerum
04-04-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm fairly certain they didn't put he BOSE logo on the rear speakers from memory.
cheers for that information froggy.....

dubcruiser
06-04-2008, 07:23 PM
My parents have a Sportback with Bose and it only has Bose on the front speakers. The Amp and Sub are in the boot somewhere but to be honest I have never found it!!

I know the A4 & A6 Avants and probably saloons had a sub as part of the standard system. Bose just added better quality speakers and the amp to boost the power and clarity plus a centre in dash speaker.

naughts4187
21-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Yeah bose logos are on the front speakers only in a chrome with imprinted BOSE speaker system. Also when you turn your stereo on it will say 'BOSE' at the beginning..its an easy way to tell. If it doesn't then take it into your local Audi dealer and get them to just run a spec list off your Vin number and it will be easy to spot on there, that's what I had to do when we had car's we were not sure with when I was at Audi.

Matt