PDA

View Full Version : Black Audi A4 SE 2.0TDI - B8 - Got on 29/03/08

AndyH123
31-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi all,

I'm inspired by the Silver thread, so here is one for my Black A4!

I consider myself lucky as I have Xenons and Parking Plus (front/back non-camera).

This has the 18" wheels too.

Edit - full spec requested in another thread, so from memory:

Xenons
Parking Plus
Navigation
B&O
18" 5 spoke
AMI
Bluetooth
Heated Leather Sport Seats (Milano)

As per my other thread, I'm impressed by the gadgets - especially the ones I didn't know about!

B&O is indeed good, better than the Bose on my previous car and the fake surround is kinda nice - a smidge better than what I've heard in Porsches.

My only niggle is the area around my left knee rests uncomfortably against the centre console. This seems aggrivated by the offset pedal issue, but I have no problems driving with the pedals where they are and I expect I just need to adjust my seating position slightly.

I also can't decide where on earth to put the adjustable lumber thingy, should you not feel it, "just" feel it, or have it digging into your back? :)

I suppose a comment or two on the drive would be traditional - I keep wanting to go out for more! This is my first diesel car, so I'm learning a few basic lessons - like don't attempt to make a fast get-away in 2nd gear. Actually, don't attempt to make a fast get-away at all?

But it seems to magically get up to 70mph - nice to have a speed warning beep - and the pull through 3rd / 4th / 5th from 30 -> 70 is lovely.

So - what else do you want to know?

Actually, I have a question - when being navigated, is it possible to get the digital spedometer back on the centre dash? Seems you're stuck with the mini nav guide, or audio or telephone displays.

dansansome
31-03-2008, 05:41 PM
So - what else do you want to know?

can i have it? :biglaugh:

looks really smart. love the black, i imagine you will become very familiar with a bucket and sponge...(worth it tho :) )

AndyH123
31-03-2008, 05:43 PM
looks really smart. love the black, i imagine you will become very familiar with a bucket and sponge...(worth it tho :) )

I am braced for the "told you so's"...

benny212
31-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Looks really good in Black, enjoy.

Need more pics.........

Satch
31-03-2008, 08:33 PM
I agree with the left knee problem, mine is sore too.
My left foot seems to get caught slightly as well between the pedal and the foot rest.

psiron
31-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Hi Andy,

I have a quick question mate, when you lock/unlock the car in the dark do the headlights come on for a few seconds like the 3 series/vw's do before you actually open the door? Helps you see your way to the front door etc?

Satch
31-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi Andy,

I have a quick question mate, when you lock/unlock the car in the dark do the headlights come on for a few seconds like the 3 series/vw's do before you actually open the door? Helps you see your way to the front door etc?

I can confirm that when you walk towards the car and press the key to open the front fog lights and rear lights come on. When you lock the car the stay on until you are in the house. Unless of course you park along way away from your house.:D

psiron
31-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Do you have xenons satch? I wonder if the led's or xenons come on in the s-line or xenon equipped models? My mates GTI has xenons and they come on when we leave the office, looks sweet.

Satch
31-03-2008, 09:31 PM
No xenons.:zx11: They only come on the S line although if you placed your order for an SE in November you could have the xenons for £700 odds.

Satch
31-03-2008, 09:32 PM
No xenons.:zx11: They only come on the S line, although if you placed your order for an SE in November you could have the xenons for £700 odds.

I assume Andy must have placed his order before they withdrew them as an option. Lucky boy. :-)

I have the halogen DRL's which aren't as bad as I thought they would be.

pauldoherty
01-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Andyh123, you're car looks mint! I have the standard spec. (unfortunately we're not allowed extras) SE in phantom black on order through the leasing company since beginning of feb and I have been given a delivery date of 25th April - Can't wait.

I haven't even sat in one yet but have had a new shape passat for the last few years and fancied an upgrade. I wonder could you answer a quick question - is it only with the satnav option that you have MMI / centre control knob? Hopefully I haven't long to wait now but I'm curious.

Good luck with it!!

AndyH123
01-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Thank you, slightly less mint now its been on the motorway in the rain :)

And yes, I think SatNav moves the controls down to below the gear stick.