PDA

View Full Version : More gadgets than expected! (inc auto windscreen wipers)

AndyH123
31-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Hi,

Got my new A4 the other day, first time Audi owner, first time thread etc.

I normally research these things pretty well, but I was really pleased to discover my A4 has automatic lights and windscreen wipers. It also has voice control for the phone (works with my bluetooth phone), records traffic reports and even tells me what gear it thinks I should be in :)

So impressed before I'd even driven away from the garage. Mini / Full review coming soon.

browellm
31-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Auto wipers are great, I had them on my E60 5 series, and also a Mondeo prior to that. They work really well when there is motorway spray and you are driving past an HGV, etc.

Voice activated phone is useful to know about, I have that coming on mine.

Traffic info is interesting, do you need satnav for that? Can you post your full spec? Black colour looks nice btw.

AndyH123
31-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Do you need Sat Nav - not sure actually. I'd consider it part of the radio TP functionality, but don't quote me.

I've started another thread to cover the car generally - I'll put the full spec up there. I'm really liking Black - everyone warned me against it! It's still clean.. just.

Jebu
31-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Well I think that too.

I actually specced out the basic car with the B&O.

I ended up getting what looks like lots of extras that I didnt pay for, unless someone can inform me these come as standard?

Its got the rear parking sensor, auto windscreen wipers, that hill assist thing, auto headlights, stereo accepts MP3 cds and has an SD slot. Probably more in there too but I didnt spec none of it.

I did get the SE version so perhaps they all come as standard with the SE.

AndyH123
31-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Pretty sure parking and hill asist are options. I think the rest is standard.

alexcf
01-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Pretty sure parking and hill asist are options. I think the rest is standard.

There's a big thread about parking stuff, and I'm still not 100% sure whether it's standard or not with the SE pack... Hill-Hold thing is an option, it's like £20-£40.

So was the voice recognition free? There's an entry in the brochure for voice recognition for the SatNav, sounds pretty cool though!

AndyH123
01-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Seems my voice recognition is telephone only.

The manual suggests it should do all the MMI stuff too (if you have MMI), but mine doesn't want to know. I guess that's the option in the brochure :(

alexcf
01-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Ahhh, I see. OK, thanks Andy. :)

kkwan18
04-04-2008, 11:17 PM
i had to pay for my hill hold button, i think the handbrake button work as well....