PDA

View Full Version : Finally! - I hope....

Vinnyg
31-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Leasing company has just informed me that my car has arrived at the dealers and will be delivered to me on Monday 7th. Was ordered at the end of October, so its been a bit of a wait....

Audi A4 2.0 TDi SE
Lava Grey Pearl
17" 6 Spoke Alloys
Leather/Alcantara Sports Seats
Symphony Stereo
B&O Speakers/Amp
Parking System Plus
Electric Folding Mirrors
Cruise Control

Still only seen a handful on the roads (2 in UK, and 2 or 3 in Europe). Still not seen one on the road with the LED DRLs either. But the standard Halogen lights do look a lot better than I feared they might.

Vinny.

mluton
31-03-2008, 12:42 PM
A long week then now. Enjoy the new ride.

benny212
31-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Post some pics asap.......

Vinnyg
07-04-2008, 02:49 PM
My new car was delivered this morning, hurray!

After being worried that Lava Grey would just look like dirty Black, it actually looks quite good in the metal. Quite similar, if a little darker, than my old Accord in Graphite Pearl.

The sports seats are very nice indeed. But I've only been out to grab a sandwich so I 'll no doubt have a better idea on Thursday when I do the 380 mile round trip to the office.

B&O stereo sounds great and that surround sound is surprisingly good, if a bit gimmicky perhaps.

The 6 spoke alloys are OK. I think I actually prefer the standard ones (not as pictured in the original info I had), but hey, at lest they're a bit different.

The engine is lovely and smooth, but you knew that anyway. I like the electro-mech parking brake and the fact that it automatically disengages when you pull away.

The suspension is nice and firm but still very composed. However hit a pothole about 2 mins after getting into it for the first time and it make a very worrying 'boing' noise - any ideas???

I'd go so far as to say that it's one of the nicest car I've ever driven. Certainly beats the old shape 330d, although nowhere near as much fun. Obviously not a much fun as my old Cooper S but then I didn't have to do many miles and didn't have two kids back then. Absolutely spanks the Saab 93 I had whilst waiting too.

That's it for now. But let me know if you have any questions.

Oh, and thanks to all on here for providing info to the rest of us we were still waiting. Much appreciated.

mluton
07-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Enjoy mate.

I would only worry if the car feels funny regarding the bong noise, we all hit pot holes, cant be avoided on todays roads.

Satch
07-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Health to drive. Have you had any problems with your left foot on the clutch? I find that my shoe sometimes catches between the clutch and the foot rest thingy.

Foringo
07-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Hi Vinny,

Good to see you are enjoying your new car!

Just wondered how the electric parking brake works? My current car has one and only comes on automatically if you turn the engine off. Otherwise you need to operate it with a dashboard switch. It does have hill assist which I believe is separate from the parking brake and holds the foot brake on for about 2 secs...giving time to move your foot from the brake to the accelerator.

If the parking brake is applied it disengages automatically when you put your foot on the accelerator which sounds similar to the A4

Does the A4 parking brake come on automatically when the car comes to a standstill (assuming that you have hill assist option)?

Also my current car has a tool (winding handle) for manually releasing the parking brake if it ever fails...did you get one in the tool kit...or do A4s just never go wrong:D?

Foringo
07-04-2008, 05:35 PM
I should have added that these electric parking brakes are great but you have to take real care when driving other vehicles that doesn't have them....as it's really easy to forget to put the handbrake on!!:eek:

RichardCranium
07-04-2008, 05:43 PM
I actually prefer the 6 spoke alloys, to the point where i've asked if i can change to them from the standard SE ones.

Vinnyg
07-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Satch - Yes, the foot rest actually stops me depressing the clutch pedal completely, but only marginally and it doesn't affect gear change in any way. A little bit irritating though. Otherwise I don't really notice the offset pedals at all.

Foringo - It works by lifting the button up to engage (you have to have your foot on the brake), pushing to disengage (again I think foot needs to be on the brake). It also releases automatically when you press the accelerator. It does not come on automatically as I don't have the hill assist option, but your description fits which what I know about that. No tool for winding it if it fails. I think you just have to call RAC!!

browellm
07-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Satch - Yes, the foot rest actually stops me depressing the clutch pedal completely, but only marginally and it doesn't affect gear change in any way. A little bit irritating though. Otherwise I don't really notice the offset pedals at all.

Foringo - It works by lifting the button up to engage (you have to have your foot on the brake), pushing to disengage (again I think foot needs to be on the brake). It also releases automatically when you press the accelerator. It does not come on automatically as I don't have the hill assist option, but your description fits which what I know about that. No tool for winding it if it fails. I think you just have to call RAC!!

The crappy Renault Scenic hire car I am driving at the moment has one. Needless to say it is the best thing about it :o