PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered my A4 (S-Line) given a 10 week delivery time? Can't be right, surely?

psiron
31-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi,

I ordered my new A4 S-Line on Firday 28/3/08.
It's white with heated seats, mirror package and no other extras.

I have been assured that the car will be delivered within 10 weeks, surely this can't be right? This is Audi we are talking about here!

I ordered a new A4 cab last July and it still hadn't arrived in November, I am very weary of Audi leadtimes and wondered if anyone has been given dates for their s-line?

Cheers,

JJ

Audi Nick
31-03-2008, 10:08 AM
I ordered my SE on the 22nd February and still have no lead time.

When I bought my A6 I had to wait 5 weeks which was fine, but having to wait a smiliar length of time just for a delivery date is well .... not so good.

I think you just have to accept that for a new model that is clearly much in demand, you have to wait. I am not sure that the number of extra's affects the delivery time, certainly it has never had any effect in the past.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

:approve::approve::approve::approve::approve:

psiron
31-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Well personally I don't trust the 10 weeks, this could extend to 15 weeks after my experiences with them.

I have told the broker my order is based on a 10 week order time. Once 10 weeks have expired I will be cancelling the order and look to buy an A5 from a local dealer.

Ill let you know how this all goes anyway.

Thanks for your reply,

JJ

AUDI-NUT
31-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Hi,

I have been assured that the car will be delivered within 10 weeks, surely this can't be right? This is Audi we are talking about here!

I ordered a new A4 cab last July and it still hadn't arrived in November, I am very weary of Audi leadtimes and wondered if anyone has been given dates for their s-line?

Cheers,

JJ

After I read your e-mail I called my Audi dealer and he said that no official build dates could be given out until tomorrow, 1st April, only then are dealers able to give build times, they are just not available until then.
I have been chasing for ages for a build time for my S-Line and my dealer basically said he will let me know tomorrow. Ten weeks might just be possible if you are one of the earliest build times. I will let you know what they tell me tomorrow.

gilesw08
31-03-2008, 07:04 PM
10 weeks may well be right. I ordered my sline 26th feb, and had my build date confirmed last week for week 15 (second week of april), with a delivery date for 1st week of may - which by my calculations would be almost 10 weeks exactly.

But like you say - this is Audi, so who knows???? :confused:

RichardCranium
31-03-2008, 09:00 PM
i've just ordered an 2.0tdi SE and the leasign company (Arval) reckons they can get it in 8 weeks. Somehow i think they are being optomistic. My local dealer told me 12 weeks is more realistic

psiron
31-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Hi Richard,

Arval are my leasing funder also, hopefully the times may be right then? I spoke to them again today and they said they have even added a week on to ensure I wont be dissapointed!!

We shall see.................

alexcf
31-03-2008, 10:06 PM
psiron, heh, me too! who do you deal with? :)

psiron
01-04-2008, 08:27 AM
They are just my funder, I'm actually going through a broker.
I got what I think is an excellent deal on the lease, £ 326/mo. over 3 years for the s-line with heated seats, hold assist, most of all though the s-line HAS THE XENONS!!!

alexcf
01-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Ah, I see. :)

digigriffin
01-04-2008, 01:46 PM
I orderd by A4 SE six weeks ago today, and still no build date :mad:.

Good luck with 10 weeks.

alexcf
01-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Yeah, just spoke to my guy at Arval, he sigh'd and said there's not much chance of it happening, it's one of those "lets get the sale in".

Good luck, although if you get in 10 weeks I'll cry :P

RichardCranium
01-04-2008, 05:07 PM
£326 sounds pretty good! is that on a specific mileage?

Mine is £484 per month based on 3 years 90,000 miles. We also have to pay a premium because we have to have white!

AUDI-NUT
01-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Hi,

Cheers,

JJ

My Audi dealer called me today to say my build week is 9th June and then another 3 weeks approx for shipping. So if you have a 10 week delivery time I would be amazed....don't believe these salesman, I was told my car would be built in mid April and delivered to me early May. Complete ********. They
just srting you along....I have a good mind to take my deposit back.

RichardCranium
01-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Spoke to my supplying dealer today, and he reckons that they should be able to get mine by 1st June, which makes it about 9 weeks. He's yet to confirm....
What he did say is that they have quite a few orders in the system for 'fleet cars' and they can do a spec change to suit individual requirements

AUDI-NUT
01-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Spoke to my supplying dealer today, and he reckons that they should be able to get mine by 1st June, which makes it about 9 weeks. He's yet to confirm....
What he did say is that they have quite a few orders in the system for 'fleet cars' and they can do a spec change to suit individual requirements

Are you using an official Audi dealer or a broker. Is your order a company car or are you buying this yourself, not sure what difference it makes if you are actually buying the car. I am told once your order is in as of today the spec cannot be changed so not sure how they do what he is telling you.
I am more inclined to believe your dealer because I have lost total confidence in my dealer.

RichardCranium
01-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Are you using an official Audi dealer or a broker. Is your order a company car or are you buying this yourself, not sure what difference it makes if you are actually buying the car. I am told once your order is in as of today the spec cannot be changed so not sure how they do what he is telling you.
I am more inclined to believe your dealer because I have lost total confidence in my dealer.

The car is a company car, leased via Arval, who are fortunately for me, buying it from my local dealer.
My dealer has been really good. Had two test drives, and got invited to the launch. Hence the reason why i nominated them as the supplying dealer

AUDI-NUT
01-04-2008, 09:44 PM
The car is a company car, leased via Arval, who are fortunately for me, buying it from my local dealer.
My dealer has been really good. Had two test drives, and got invited to the launch. Hence the reason why i nominated them as the supplying dealer

Okay, thanks for the info.

I am buying mine with lots of extras so I expect that will delay things...oh well, looks like I will just have to be patient.

Good luck with the delivery.

RichardCranium
02-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Got a call from dealer today. ****ers at Arval still havent placed the order. :zx11::aargh4:

alexcf
02-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Ah, mine got placed yesterday at last... So excited now! Hope the novelty wears off, until nearer the build date, otherwise I'm going to be the most annoying person in the world :p

RichardCranium
04-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Our leasing company have come back and confirmed the delivery date for mine as 2nd June.

Hope they are true to their word!!

AUDI-NUT
04-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Our leasing company have come back and confirmed the delivery date for mine as 2nd June.

Hope they are true to their word!!

Well good luck with the delivery - keep us posted and look forward to seeing
some photographs....