PDA

View Full Version : audi 80 estate

lynettejc
04-12-2006, 11:26 AM
hello.

i bought an audi 80 estate yesterday and i have a few wee things to address and thought you might be able to help.

1. dash board light not working.- how easy is this to fix?
2. rear window wiper inactive. - could it be a fuse? where is the fuse box located.
3. oil pressure, temp and battery gauges. should these be illuminated?
4. fuel gauge is irratic. is this a common problem?

i look forward to your response.

regards

lynette

Marc97
05-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum.
The fuse box is on the drivers side under the bonnet on the bulkhead (under the windscreen).
Which dash light isn't working???? If its any of them, try turning the dimmer up (its on the clocks and looks like a trip reset button. It turns left and right).
Oil gauge etc, could be connected to the dash lights. May work if the dimmer fixes the lights.
The fuel gauge. I have a TDi which also shows top of the red one minute then empty the next. Its not intermittently working, its just slow to respond and seems more accurate the more fuel that is in the car. I believe this is normal.

Thanks,

Marc.

brd
11-12-2006, 04:02 PM
If you replace the fuse for the dash lights and it blows again pretty quickly, then it could be the same as the saloon 80... where the lights mounted in the boot lid is wired through a cable running on the left hand side hinge which gets over bent and after time breaks down inside... and needs to be replaced or fixed - fix it by undoing the cable, cutting it open at the max bend point, resolder the broken wires, move the bend of the cable to another part of the cable (not much play, but enough can be got).. and sorted. A replacement cable is pricey I believe, so a handly option.
Also shows up as an internittant boot light problem.