PDA

View Full Version : cruize control EOS

mr supple
29-03-2008, 09:42 PM
I have fitted a VW cruize control switch to a 2008 EOS. This is a replacement indicator stalk. I have gone into steering wheel with VAG COM and turn on. In measuring blocks the switch came be seen working. I need to change coding in engine ECU to also switch this on. The green light on dash does not turn on. In engine the coding is by means of long coding. I believe I have all lastest files on pc and need help on how to re code ECU. The main dealer have not been able to do this but i am sure VAG COM can. HELP PLEASE as this would be one up for us indipendents.:confused:

kenney
29-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Hi There is no long coding of the ECU you need to activate the CCS to the ECU

[Select]
[01 - Engine]
[Login - 11]
Enter 11463 to activate cruise control
[Do It!]

Uwe@Ross-Tech
02-04-2008, 02:28 PM
What you need to do at the engine depends which engine is in the car.

-Uwe-

kenney
02-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Control Module Security Access
Select 01 (Engine Electronics)
Security Access -> Function 16
ACC = Adaptive Cruise Control
CCS = Cruise Control System
ACC-Activation Code: 13647
CCS-Activation Code: 11463
ACC/CCS-Deactivation Code: 16167
Found this somewhere the activation code is the same for Passat Phaeton Touareg Touran,i dont think it has anything to do with which engine is in the car,

Uwe@Ross-Tech
02-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Trust me it does depend on which engine is installed. A 2.0 TFSI for example needs changes to its Long Coding (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/2.0l_TFSI_%28AXX/BGB/BPJ/BPY/BWA%29).

-Uwe-

kenney
02-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Okay i stand corrected,i normally use Vas so we use guided functions and every cruise control i have activated i have never used an activation code in engine management the machine has the selection activate-deactivate cruise control.I found the above info from en.openobd and there was no mention of engine types so i took it for granted it did not matter,sorry.