PDA

View Full Version : help with vagcom

robins1uk
29-03-2008, 08:27 PM
hi all i have a golf gttdi 150bhp, 2002 model, i recnetly purchased a odb2 lead off good old ebay. i have tried vagcom software from rosstech, version 311 and 409, but when trying to use software i can get it to see the lead and the car but then it crashes, when trying to select any options. i am running vista could this be the problem???/:zx11:

pgarner
30-03-2008, 01:57 AM
yeap with vista you need to install vagcom in another folder other than program files ( i have it installed on my desktop ). it still crashers with me but to solve the problem right click and select " run as administator " otherwise it crasher every time you select a module

vista a pain in the butt again

mluton
30-03-2008, 04:07 AM
I Agree, I tried getting someones working on vista with no luck at all.

Put it on XP, worked a treat.

robins1uk
30-03-2008, 11:00 AM
cool at least i am not alone with this issue, thanks for ur help..

h5djr
30-03-2008, 01:04 PM
It could well be the lead. I understand that not many of the 'cheap' leads work very well at all.

robins1uk
31-03-2008, 06:00 PM
yeap with vista you need to install vagcom in another folder other than program files ( i have it installed on my desktop ). it still crashers with me but to solve the problem right click and select " run as administator " otherwise it crasher every time you select a module

vista a pain in the butt again

:beerchug: tried this method and worked perfect, thanks for you help ..:beerchug:

Spacey885
09-04-2008, 09:18 AM
I also had this problem with Vista..... and was still crashing out when selected "Run program as an administrator".

To get mine working I set the program to run in compatibility mode for XP SP2 and also set to "Run this program as an administrator". You can set both of these by right clicking on the program icon and going to properties. Didn't have any problems with the Vag-com folder being in the default location.

pgarner
09-04-2008, 09:28 AM
I also had this problem with Vista..... and was still crashing out when selected "Run program as an administrator".

To get mine working I set the program to run in compatibility mode for XP SP2 and also set to "Run this program as an administrator". You can set both of these by right clicking on the program icon and going to properties. Didn't have any problems with the Vag-com folder being in the default location.
nah when i tried the compatibility for xp it still crashed even when run as an admin it was only when i reinstalled it on the desktop did it finally allow me to run, although i have checked the run as admin in the properties

also i found it easier to gain access to the log files, but a shortcut would solve this if its in the program files folder