PDA

View Full Version : Installing a Remote Central Locking system?

vee-media
04-12-2006, 12:50 AM
Hi people! Im new here, just bought a 2002 MK4 Golf "S" in Black - absolutely love it! One big downside though is that it doesn't have Remote Central Locking! I have looked on eBay and have found the following:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Remote-Central-Locking-Keyless-Entry-KIT-Universal-ke50_W0QQitemZ120056918764QQihZ002QQcategoryZ75329 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks ok and I have only considered it as I haven't been able to find a OEM Golf Part. Anyone know if the above system would be OK with my Golf and anyone have any idea where about's I could pick up a possible OEM Remote Central Control kit?

Regards,
James.

Mikon
10-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi people! Im new here, just bought a 2002 MK4 Golf "S" in Black - absolutely love it! One big downside though is that it doesn't have Remote Central Locking! I have looked on eBay and have found the following:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Remote-Central-Locking-Keyless-Entry-KIT-Universal-ke50_W0QQitemZ120056918764QQihZ002QQcategoryZ75329 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks ok and I have only considered it as I haven't been able to find a OEM Golf Part. Anyone know if the above system would be OK with my Golf and anyone have any idea where about's I could pick up a possible OEM Remote Central Control kit?

Regards,
James.
Hi James,
I have just recieved this morning my remote central locking kit from rightclick2003, the exact same kit as you are thinking about buying. (fast delivery ordered it Monday)
I have a MK3 1998 Golf Estate.
The instructions that come with the kit are a little "universal" and not being too electronically minded would have liked more specific details. I have joined this forum to try and find out more info on fitting it.
As far as quallity goes the kit looks good and I would recommend it.
If I manage to install it ok I will let you know how good it really is.

Regards
Mike

vee-media
10-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Hi Mikon - thanks for your response! I am still very interested in the kit and would be delighted if you could inform me if it was a success or not when you have installed it!

Regards,
James.

Mikon
21-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Hi James,
My son who has fitted remote central locking and alarms before fitted my system today.
It took him approx 1 and half hours. I have a pheumatic central locking system, not sure if yours is the same. I was glad he knew what he was doing as it would have taken me a month of Sundays to fit!!
Once fitted and tested to work the key fobs were the next problem, I extracted the key out of my spare fob having to destroy the plastic part and then grind and drill the base to fit the new fob. This I done to save the cost of getting the blank keys supplied cut and drilled.
Main thing is it works and I am very pleased, so I would recommend it.
If your non electrically minded like me I would also recommend getting someone who is to help!

PS. If like mine yours has a "chip" in the old fobs they need to be put in the new fobs.

Regards
Mike

vee-media
22-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Hi Mike, thanks for your response! Have been having a few problems installing the kit - have got it to unlock but havent got it to lock yet! The instructions are very universal so I complained and they sent me a link to the following guide for my Golf:

http://www.rclick.co.uk/PDF/VW_Golf4.pdf

The guide has awful english but it does make a little sense! Do you know which wires you needed to connect to what?

Regards,
James.

Mikon
22-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Hi James

PM sent.

Mike

AyshaM
22-02-2007, 02:42 PM
I have recently also had installed a rclick alarm with remote central locking. the fob i have is not as pictured on installation sheet. Would anyone know how to activate slient alarm as the fob doesnt have 4 buttons as pictured?

Benj2017
10-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Hi,

I have bought a remote central locking system from eBay, and was wondering if anyone could help me install it. I can't find the ground wire/connector in my 2002 1.4E Mk4 Golf, I think I might be ok with the other wires but don't know where to attach the ground wire......

Please can someone help me on this one.

I want to install the system tomorrow morning (Saturday) so would appreciate if there is anyone online who could reply.

Thanks all

Benj2017

TommyG 69
19-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Sorry to tread jack, but i am on the same wavelength.
I have just purchased a 2000 mk4 Golf 1.4 and it doesn't have cenral locking. Im not sure i can bare asking people "have you locked your door" everytime they get out :p

So, i want to hook up my new car with Remote Central locking :)
In your oppinions what would be the best kit to buy? Luckily I have a few people that would be willing to help me fit it.

Thanks in advance