PDA

View Full Version : Climate Control

spov
28-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi,

I have a Golf Plus 1.6 s 05 reg and have been having problems with my climate control since i purchased it from new.
When the cabin is being heated and i travel around a corner there is a sharp blast of cold air which blows through the cabin from the foot well up. I have had this checked out by numerous dealerships who say they cannot find anything wrong with the heating system and it has been put down to "a charachteristic of the car".
I was just wondering if any of you other Golf Plus drivers have had a similar experince and if you have had any joy with other dealerships.

Thanks

Marco 35
28-03-2008, 10:16 PM
The same happens to me in my car only occasionally(golf diesel 170).I thought i was imagining it or going loopy:o but obviously im not the only one experiencing this.Id be interested to know if you get the problem resolved.Good luck.
Sorry i did'nt have an answer.

genix
10-03-2010, 11:30 AM
I have noticed this too (55 reg)...
I do not think there is something wrong with the heating system, but rather it is, as you say, "a charachteristic of the car" (or, likely, in other words, a small flaw in the design of the vents).

Would be good for everybody here to know if you've managed to do something about it, thanks... :beerchug:

zf44
12-03-2010, 12:49 PM
I've experienced these in all my Polos, Golfs, Golf Plus and Beetles. The dealer said it's part of the characteristics (blah, blah, blah) of VAG cars. I gave up at the end and I live with it, the same way I live with all the rattles. :mad:

alibaly
12-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Hi,

I have a Golf Plus 1.6 s 05 reg and have been having problems with my climate control since i purchased it from new.
When the cabin is being heated and i travel around a corner there is a sharp blast of cold air which blows through the cabin from the foot well up. I have had this checked out by numerous dealerships who say they cannot find anything wrong with the heating system and it has been put down to "a charachteristic of the car".
I was just wondering if any of you other Golf Plus drivers have had a similar experince and if you have had any joy with other dealerships.

Thanks
me too, I thought it was my imagination and kept turning the distribution knob up to defrost setting till the car warmed up. I also find that it always gets too hot at first and have to turn the temp. knob down and then up again later to be comfortable.
Do you use the air-con all the time or turn it on and off as needed?
I have tried to check my mpg both ways and have ended up leaving it on all the time. I get around 43 to 45 and up to 50 on a long run. golf plus1.9tdi(105)S