PDA

View Full Version : Golf alternator pulley fell off!

drfe11a
28-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Hello,:1zhelp:

I managed to lose my alternator belt pulley whilst driving. The belt which I believe is called a serpentine belt, is still intact. I lost power steering and the battery light came on when it happened, but I continued by 30 mile journey regardless.

I have searched around but cannot find the part or even find what it's really called. Does anyone know where I can get a pulley from? Please, other than the main dealer.

Cheers

Stuart_B
28-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Hello mate.

I'm a PLC Technician for Bosch and would possibly be able to get you a pulley.

If you can get the part number of the alternator, i'd then get up a bill of materials and see if we make the alternator and then if i'd be able to get a pulley. You'd also need a spline bit aswell to fix the pulley secure.

An example of a alternator part number is "0124 555 055" it will be stamped on the protective cap, the opposite end to the pulley.

Let me know..

;)

Pauloz
30-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Hello,:1zhelp:

I managed to lose my alternator belt pulley whilst driving. The belt which I believe is called a serpentine belt, is still intact. I lost power steering and the battery light came on when it happened, but I continued by 30 mile journey regardless.

I have searched around but cannot find the part or even find what it's really called. Does anyone know where I can get a pulley from? Please, other than the main dealer.

Cheers
Where are you based? I may know someone local who can supply.

Otherwise just walk into any motor factor and ask them. If they look at you blankly, tell them to ring FPS as they have them on the shelf and can identify - and supply tools if needed.

Let the factor identify the part - then if its the wrong one, its their fault and youll get it replaced. If you give them the part number, you have no comeback ;)