PDA

View Full Version : VW Passat 2.0DTI 170 DSG Judder

thomas owen
27-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Any one out there experiencing a juddering or snatching when moving from standstill with the above car. The dealer told me "they all do this" but mine can be quite severe, especially in slow stop/start traffic. Some times the engine feels like it's trying to jump out of the engine bay.

chipnpin
27-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Any one out there experiencing a juddering or snatching when moving from standstill with the above car. The dealer told me "they all do this" but mine can be quite severe, especially in slow stop/start traffic. Some times the engine feels like it's trying to jump out of the engine bay.
I dont have the same model as you i have the v6 4motion dsg, last week i took mine in to the dealer i reported that in stop start traffic there is a slight jolt when moving off it's as if the power momentarily cuts out.
It's also more noticeable when using the auto hold as i quite often do.
Dealer said it was normal in operation.

Mav2006
28-03-2008, 07:46 AM
I don't have the dsg but find the normal gear box to be quite juddery :(

chipnpin
28-03-2008, 07:16 PM
I don't have the dsg but find the normal gear box to be quite juddery :(
I used to have a 2006 pst tfsi sel 200ps manual est i always found the clutch/gearbox a bit juddery particularly in stop start traffic/hills etc the gearbox was also bit notchy in first an second gear i could never do a smooth gearchange.

The local dealer said this was normal operation on petrol car but they bled the hydraulic clutch fluid system for me anyway and told to try it out, on the way home it was like driving a completely different car i was pleased with it .

3 weeks later i bought a 3.2dsg estate, so thats that.